Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > live stream help

live stream help

AKsteve

Hi,
I need to take a URL for a live stream and have it pop up in a designated
media player.

For instance, the QuickTime stream will be coming from:
rtsp://catstream1.cat.uaf.edu/ruralhealth.sdp

I will have a link on a webpage that should open the QT player and start
playing the live feed from the above URL.

(I also have to do this with windows media from another URL.)

Anyone know how to do this?

Steve

Spartanicus

"AKsteve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I need to take a URL for a live stream and have it pop up in a designated
>media player.

Leave the choice of media player to the user, concentrate on the
content.

>For instance, the QuickTime stream will be coming from:
>rtsp://catstream1.cat.uaf.edu/ruralhealth.sdp
>
>I will have a link on a webpage that should open the QT player and start
>playing the live feed from the above URL.

The average user is unlikely to have QT installed.

--
Spartanicus

AKsteve

I would normally do this, but it is for a client at the local University and
certain things just have to be...

Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed) anicus.utvinternet.ie...