Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: DreamweaverMX Graphics Hit Edge Question

Re: DreamweaverMX Graphics Hit Edge Question

Phrostbyte Multimedia

<Pingu> wrote in message
> I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
> how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
> So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?
>
> Thank You

in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.

also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver in
actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

hope this helps,
Sev
Phrostbyte Multimedia

Whitecrest

> Phrostbyte Multimedia

Uncle Dave scares me.....

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Steve Pugh

"Phrostbyte Multimedia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
><Pingu> wrote in message
>>
>> I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
>> how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
>> So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?

>in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
>set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
>
>also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver in
>actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
one browser that has virtually no user base any more.

On the other hand the CSS
body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
is supported by a much wider range of browsers.

Steve

SpaceGirl

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Phrostbyte Multimedia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> ><Pingu> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I know, some may say I should be asking else where. I am wondering
> >> how do I align my graphics in DW MX to hit the top or edge in DW MX.
> >> So that is there no few pixels space as I have now?

> >in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
> >set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
> >
> >also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver

in
> >actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

> How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
> hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
> one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
>
> On the other hand the CSS
> body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
> is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
>
> Steve

I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this

body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}

is another method

but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body leftmargin="0"
topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if it's
not standard.

Steve Pugh

"SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Phrostbyte Multimedia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >in dreamweaver mx it's in the file menu under modify/page properties. you
>> >set the left margin to 0 and the top margin to 0.
>> >
>> >also, since it's nice to know how to do everything you do in dreamweaver
>> >in actual html, the code for this is in the body tag, and should look like :

>> How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
>> hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
>> one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
>>
>> On the other hand the CSS
>> body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
>> is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
>>

>I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this
>
>body {
> margin-left: 0px;
> margin-top: 0px;
> margin-right: 0px;
> margin-bottom: 0px;
>}
>
>is another method

Yes, but (a) margin: 0; is much shorter and (b) padding: 0; is needed
by Opera.

>but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body leftmargin="0"
>topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if it's
>not standard.

No. NN and (later versions only of) Opera support the alternative
marginwidth and marginheight attributes. What's more the only version
of IE that supports leftmargin and topmargin but which does not
support margin: 0; is IE3. (rightmargin and bottommargin were added
later but the CSS equivalents were also supported at this point.)

Steve

SpaceGirl

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "SpaceGirl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

you

dreamweaver

like :

> >> How quaint. Can you name which browsers support that non-standard HTML
> >> hackery but which don't support the CSS equivalents? I can, and it's
> >> one browser that has virtually no user base any more.
> >>
> >> On the other hand the CSS
> >> body { margin: 0; padding: 0;}
> >> is supported by a much wider range of browsers.
> >>

> >I agree you shoudl use CSS to do this
> >
> >body {
> > margin-left: 0px;
> > margin-top: 0px;
> > margin-right: 0px;
> > margin-bottom: 0px;
> >}
> >
> >is another method

> Yes, but (a) margin: 0; is much shorter and (b) padding: 0; is needed
> by Opera.
>
> >but I'm really not sure you are correct about not using <body

leftmargin="0"
> >topmargin="0">. I think that WILL work in almost all browsers, even if

it's
> >not standard.

> No. NN and (later versions only of) Opera support the alternative
> marginwidth and marginheight attributes. What's more the only version
> of IE that supports leftmargin and topmargin but which does not
> support margin: 0; is IE3. (rightmargin and bottommargin were added
> later but the CSS equivalents were also supported at this point.)
>
> Steve

Ah okay. I wasn't sure... I was going to test it before I posted but didn't
get chance. Ta!