Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > frames and refresh

frames and refresh

toylet

I have a framed index.html, with 3 frames.

When I right-clicked then refreshed, all 3 frames are refreshed,
Shouldn't it refresh only the frame that I right-clicked?

It used to work that way.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

Mark Parnell

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:54:19 +0800, toylet <toylet_at_mail.hongkong.com>
declared in alt.html:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")

> When I right-clicked then refreshed, all 3 frames are refreshed,
> Shouldn't it refresh only the frame that I right-clicked?

Depends on the browser, I would imagine.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

toylet

> http://html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
> http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
> http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
> frames")

I did want to build a no-frame site, but I got some php packages whose
output cannot be captured and redirected. If I don't use frame, the
sidebar would not be able to appear all time, esp with those php packages.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 12:14pm up 8 min 0 users 0.08 0.07

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed toylet
<toylet_at_mail.hongkong.com> writing in
news:403d72f9$(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com:

>> http://html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
>> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
>> http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
>> http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
>> frames")

> I did want to build a no-frame site, but I got some php packages whose
> output cannot be captured and redirected. If I don't use frame, the
> sidebar would not be able to appear all time, esp with those php
> packages.

<?php include("sidebar.inc"); ?>

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

toylet

>> I did want to build a no-frame site, but I got some php packages whose
>> output cannot be captured and redirected. If I don't use frame, the
>> sidebar would not be able to appear all time, esp with those php
>> packages.

> <?php include("sidebar.inc"); ?>

I got your idea, but those few php packages were not written by me.Would
have to dive into their source codes.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 2:24pm up 15:53 0 users 1.01 1.00