Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS: How to position a DIV below a floating DIV?

CSS: How to position a DIV below a floating DIV?

Tamlyn Rhodes

please take a look at this: http://saschadesigns.bluebinary.net/

I'm trying to get the copyright text to line up below all the other 3
divs, i.e. below the longest. The problem is that the left and right
divs are floated so do not stretch the containing div. I suppose the
only way is to not float the divs but I can't position absolutely cos
it's center aligned. Anyone got any ideas?

thanks,

T.

PS before anyone starts saying it doesn't look like much, this is only a
framework - the outlines are there to show where the divs are.

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:36:20 +0000, Tamlyn Rhodes
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> I'm trying to get the copyright text to line up below all the other 3
> divs

Try adding clear: both; to your #footer rule.

HTH

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Tamlyn Rhodes

Mark Parnell wrote:
>>I'm trying to get the copyright text to line up below all the other 3
>>divs

> Try adding clear: both; to your #footer rule.

duh, of course! thanks.

T.

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:27:23 +0000, Tamlyn Rhodes
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Try adding clear: both; to your #footer rule.

>duh, of course! thanks.

Reserve the "Duh!" for when you've spent ages trying to debug a rule
with "clear: all; " and you can't see why it isn't working.

DAMHIKT.....

Browser crashes with below code.What is wrong in below code. kiran Javascript 12 12-07-2011 02:38 PM
Floating Div Position Just Me ASP .Net 1 01-01-2008 02:39 AM
Could someone scan me a picture of the below? (Read Below) starlightvoyager@yahoo.com DVD Video 1 08-28-2006 05:42 AM
Re: <div class="position"> and <div class" section"> Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 0 05-06-2006 01:55 PM

Advertisments