Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can't believe dreamweaverMX still screws up formatting

can't believe dreamweaverMX still screws up formatting

Dwayne

i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page, turned
on the preview and the preview looked different from what i saw. then i
uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the preview
and what i saw.

like, what they hey?

SpaceGirl

"Dwayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
> DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page,

turned
> on the preview and the preview looked different from what i saw. then i
> uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the

preview
> and what i saw.
>
> like, what they hey?

In MX2004 you can tell it not to touch your formating...

Spartanicus

"Dwayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
>DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page, turned
>on the preview and the preview looked different from what i saw. then i
>uploaded the file. and the final result was different from BOTH the preview
>and what i saw.

That does not point to a problem with DW, it points to a problem with
your understanding of how the web works. There is no such thing as
WYSIWYG web authoring.

--
Spartanicus

Toby A Inkster

SpaceGirl wrote:

> MX2004

Macromedia crack me up...

http://www.macromedia.com/software/d...ewfeatures/#01

http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us...uirements.html

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > MX2004

> Macromedia crack me up...
> http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us...uirements.html
> | Your browser (Opera) is not supported by macromedia.com.

I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
to use the site. The site makes a choice, and you make a choice. You
can either do what is required, or you can leave.

If enough people leave, then they will change or go out of business. It
is a pretty simple concept really.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> > MX2004

>> Macromedia crack me up...
>> http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us...uirements.html
>> | Your browser (Opera) is not supported by macromedia.com.

> I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
> to use the site.

The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
that won't work with Opera.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Matthias Gutfeldt

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Whitecrest wrote:
>

>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>Macromedia crack me up...
>>>http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us...uirements.html

>>I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
>>to use the site.

> The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
> that won't work with Opera.

What, you maliciously invaded their site with an illegal browser? Don't
come crying to us when they sue you for violating their TOS .

Matthias

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Macromedia crack me up...
> >> http://www.macromedia.com/help/en_us...uirements.html

> > I have no problem with a site telling you that you need certain things
> > to use the site.

> The fact is though: you don't. I've not found anything on macromedia.com
> that won't work with Opera.

Oh well, I am pretty sure that Macromedia knows this. And if they
thought it effected their business they would change it. But they
obviously dont.

In retaliation you can tell everyone how sucky Flash and Macromedia is.

That will teach them a lesson.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Dwayne <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly typed:

> i can't believe after so many versions, Macromedia still hasn't got
> DreamweaverMX working like a true wysiwyg. i just did up a web page,
> turned on the preview and the preview looked different from what i
> saw. then i uploaded the file. and the final result was different
> from BOTH the preview and what i saw.

As Spartanicus said, the web is not the best place to expect wysiwyg to
work. wysi*n*wyg in a variety of browsers. I have found, though, that MX2004
renders CSS layouts much better than DW4 did!

I would say my main gripe with it is that it still doesn't have the
functionality to produce and maintain a site map page. IIRC
<spit>Frontpage</spit> had that feature in the 98 version!

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!

Re: You won't believe this website I found <= but you *might* believe this! Bucky Breeder Computer Support 0 05-23-2007 03:54 PM
Newbie: Placing DOCTYPE tag on HTML file screws up formatting KS HTML 7 11-10-2004 08:46 AM
Re: DreamweaverMX Graphics Hit Edge Question Phrostbyte Multimedia HTML 5 02-28-2004 10:21 AM
6500 rack ear screws? Steve S. Cisco 1 02-13-2004 05:29 AM
OT online screws or is that schools Rick MCSE 4 12-11-2003 01:44 PM

Advertisments