Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Borderless frames

Borderless frames

Whitecrest

In article <cnd8hcx2gkzy$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >> But frames _aren't_ good HTML.

> > They are completely valid GOOD html

> Valid, yes (assuming you are using a frameset doctype), but good, no.
> Big difference.

Good is in the eyes of the beholder.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:19:21 -0500, Whitecrest <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in alt.html:

> Good is in the eyes of the beholder.

And in the case of a web site, the beholder is the end user. Frames
cause them problems. Therefore frames are not good.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Trevor George

Mark Parnell wrote in message ...
> And in the case of a web site, the beholder is the end user.
> Frames cause them problems.

And have you spoken to all the end users to confirm frames cause them
problems ??

I thought not :~(

Many of our clients like framed websites when asked to look at a sample of
good framed websites and good non-framed websites.

They like the continuity of part of the website remaining on the browser
rather than a blank white space for 15 (or so) seconds as the next page
loads.

If they prefer frames we build frames. It's as simple as that, and we DO
explain the bookmarking and other minor issues with frames, so they are
warned.

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:19:21 -0500, Whitecrest <(E-Mail Removed)>
> declared in alt.html:
>
> > Good is in the eyes of the beholder.

> And in the case of a web site, the beholder is the end user. Frames
> cause them problems. Therefore frames are not good.

There are several hundred million people surfing, I doubt you can speak
for all of them.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com