Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > uploading images by users

uploading images by users

Richard

I want to allow users of my bulletin board to post images to a dierectory on
my site.
PHPBB doesn't allow this directly.
So you have link to an external site.
If I could get this to be done on my site, then they could just link to my
site and make things easier.

any ideas on how to do this?

Toby A Inkster

Richard wrote:

> any ideas on how to do this?

Pretty easy in PHP.
http://uk.php.net/features.file-upload

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Richard

Toby A Inkster wrote:

> Richard wrote:

>> any ideas on how to do this?

> Pretty easy in PHP.
> http://uk.php.net/features.file-upload

Thanks Toby but I'm a bit gunshy with php right now.

Richard

Richard wrote:

> I want to allow users of my bulletin board to post images to a dierectory
> on my site.
> PHPBB doesn't allow this directly.
> So you have link to an external site.
> If I could get this to be done on my site, then they could just link to
> my site and make things easier.

> any ideas on how to do this?

Example of what I'm looking for
http://www.redantigua.com/cgi-bin/uploadapp.pl
What I'd like is to have evertyhing needed in a zip file so all I have to do
is name the paths properly.

Paul Furman

Richard wrote:
> I want to allow users of my bulletin board to post images to a dierectory on
> my site.
> PHPBB doesn't allow this directly.
> So you have link to an external site.
> If I could get this to be done on my site, then they could just link to my
> site and make things easier.
>
> any ideas on how to do this?

You can use "Gallery" which is similar to set up to PHPBB. Find it on
Sourceforge, there is a large support group. It presents the pics and
handles resizing, thumbnails, etc. Not the most intuitive user interface
for setting up nested galleries but if everyone tosses their stuff in
one folder it's manageable.

Toby A Inkster

Asad Kazmi wrote:

> Can you tell me any example for asp uesr to upload file ?

Uploading files in ASP is a nightmare. Install PHP.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Asad Kazmi

Hi,

Can you tell me any example for asp uesr to upload file ?

"Toby A Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Richard wrote:
>
> > any ideas on how to do this?

> Pretty easy in PHP.