Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: ul classes

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: ul classes

 
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2004
Hi,
on
the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three lists.
One of them contains
the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
are listed
with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call them) but
the list is vertical. How could I put it
horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
browsers?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Furman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-22-2004
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Hi,
> on
> the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three lists.
> One of them contains
> the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
> are listed
> with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call them) but
> the list is vertical. How could I put it
> horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
> Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
> browsers?



I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
instead of "list-style-type: none"

However I thought I heard someone say inline automatically does not have
bullets?

Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies, it takes effort to
sort through & see exactly what you are asking about.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004

"Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > Hi,
> > on
> > the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three

lists.
> > One of them contains
> > the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
> > are listed
> > with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call them)

but
> > the list is vertical. How could I put it
> > horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
> > Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
> > browsers?

>
>
> I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
> instead of "list-style-type: none"
>
> However I thought I heard someone say inline automatically does not have
> bullets?
>
> Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies, it takes effort to
> sort through & see exactly what you are asking about.



I think that it should be this part as much as it concerns CSS



div.stadsdelar{
margin:auto;
padding:0;
text-align:center;
width:50%;
}
div.semesterboende{
margin:auto;
padding:0;

width:78%;
}

ul {
margin:auto;
list-style-type:none;
}
ul.languages{
margin:auto;
list-style-type:square;}
li.languages {
display:inline;
}



ul.stadsdelar{
margin:auto;
list-style-type:square;}
li.languages {
display:inline;
}



and this part in the html code

<div class="stadsdelar">
<ul class="stadsdelar">
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Campo dei Fiori</A></li>
<li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>

<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Esquilino</A></li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Eur</A></li>








<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Marconi</A></li>
<li><A HREF="monteverde.html">Monteverde</A></li>


<li><A HREF="monti.html">Monti (Fori Imperiali)</A></li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Nomentano</A></li>

<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza di Spagna</A> </li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piramide Cestia</A></li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza Bologna</A></li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Quirinale</A></li>






<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Giovanni</A></li>
<li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Paolo</A> </li>

<li><A HREF="testaccio.html">Testaccio</A> </li>


<li><A HREF="trastevere.html">Trastevere</A></li>

<li><A HREF="boendeitrevi.html">Trevi</A> </li>
<li> <A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Vaticano</A></li></ul>








</div>

Best regards
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com







 
Reply With Quote
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:b8d_b.49952$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > on
> > > the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html I have three

> lists.
> > > One of them contains
> > > the name of different parts of the city Rome. These names
> > > are listed
> > > with square style-types ( I do not know how I should exactly call

them)
> but
> > > the list is vertical. How could I put it
> > > horizontally and still have the same kind of squares?
> > > Is it something which you can do in a way which is supported by most
> > > browsers?

> >
> >
> > I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
> > instead of "list-style-type: none"
> >
> > However I thought I heard someone say inline automatically does not have
> > bullets?
> >
> > Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies, it takes effort to
> > sort through & see exactly what you are asking about.

>
>
> I think that it should be this part as much as it concerns CSS
>
>
>
> div.stadsdelar{
> margin:auto;
> padding:0;
> text-align:center;
> width:50%;
> }
> div.semesterboende{
> margin:auto;
> padding:0;
>
> width:78%;
> }
>
> ul {
> margin:auto;
> list-style-type:none;
> }
> ul.languages{
> margin:auto;
> list-style-type:square;}
> li.languages {
> display:inline;
> }
>
>
>
> ul.stadsdelar{
> margin:auto;
> list-style-type:square;}
> li.languages {
> display:inline;
> }
>
>
>
> and this part in the html code
>
> <div class="stadsdelar">
> <ul class="stadsdelar">
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Campo dei Fiori</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>
>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Esquilino</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Eur</A></li>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Marconi</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="monteverde.html">Monteverde</A></li>
>
>
> <li><A HREF="monti.html">Monti (Fori Imperiali)</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Nomentano</A></li>
>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza di Spagna</A> </li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piramide Cestia</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Piazza Bologna</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Quirinale</A></li>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Giovanni</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">San Paolo</A> </li>
>
> <li><A HREF="testaccio.html">Testaccio</A> </li>
>
>
> <li><A HREF="trastevere.html">Trastevere</A></li>
>
> <li><A HREF="boendeitrevi.html">Trevi</A> </li>
> <li> <A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Vaticano</A></li></ul>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> </div>
>
> Best regards
> --
> Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
> http://www.italymap.dk
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com


Well, actually, the following part did not have anything to do with the
piece of the page I asked about.
div.semesterboende{
> margin:auto;
> padding:0;
>
> width:78%;
> }



Best regards
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com




 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Furman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>>
>>>on the page
>>>http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/rom.html
>>>I have three lists.

>
>>
>>
>>I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
>>instead of "list-style-type: none"
>>
>>Maybe if you pasted the relevant code that applies...



Thanks, also it helps to have consistent indentation and a space after
the : as I changed it below. I think the div should't effect this so I
left it out.


> ul {
> margin:auto;
> list-style-type: none;
> }
>
> ul.stadsdelar{
> margin: auto;
> list-style-type: square;
> }
> li.languages { ## this is not li.stadsdelar
> display: inline;
> }
>
> <ul class="stadsdelar">
> <li><A HREF="underbyggnad.html">Campo dei Fiori</A></li>
> <li><A HREF="colosseo.html">Colosseo</A></li>
> etc...
> </ul>


There is no stadsdelar version for the <li>, it was copied from the
previous but not changed. I thought the <li> should need the
{list-style-type:square} also but I tested and that didn't work for me
though you should probably try that too.

I'm almost certain I've seen bullets on a horizontal list though.

Maybe someone else knows.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Furman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-23-2004
Paul Furman wrote:

> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
>> "Paul Furman" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>
>>> I thought that same inline setup should work, just use square bullets
>>> instead of "list-style-type: none"




complete specs:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/generate.html

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classes within classes David ASP .Net 2 07-22-2005 07:13 PM
What is the difference between nested classes and inner classes ? Razvan Java 5 07-27-2004 07:59 PM
Modifiers applied to attributes, local variables, member functions, classes and inncer classes ! Razvan Java 11 07-17-2004 08:57 PM
Can I using reflection to get all child classes or classes undera package dynamically? Carfield Yim Java 1 05-31-2004 05:33 PM
How to access inner classes variables & methods from outer classes lonelyplanet999 Java 1 11-13-2003 01:54 PM



Advertisments