Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > know what 'chitlins' are?

know what 'chitlins' are?

A Hess

You know how when you call the kids chitlins? well, do you know what a
chitlin is?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chitlins

pretty cool, huh?

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
greens. *ugh*

--Tina

"A Hess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You know how when you call the kids chitlins? well, do you know what a
> chitlin is?
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chitlins
>
> pretty cool, huh?

A Hess

Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
with reckless abandon:

> I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city for 8
> years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
> greens. *ugh*

This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.

Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.

Later, Aron

--
Accomplishing the impossible just ensures that the boss will add it to
your regular duties.

Whitecrest

says...
> This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
> sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc)....

Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
"chitlins"

Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
too.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Gypsy

"A Hess" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Somewhere around 2/21/04 9:33 AM, Tina - AffordableHOST.com typed wildly
> with reckless abandon:
>
> > I've never heard of kids called chitlins. I did live in an inner-city

for 8
> > years though...and know full well what they are. Chitlins and collard
> > greens. *ugh*

> This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
> sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc) When I
> relized what I did I tried cancelling it and hoped for the best.
>
> Oh well, just ignore it. Or get a chuckle from my itchy mouse finger.
>
> Later, Aron

No problem, we can bring this post on topic
here's a website, if anyone wants critique it.

IF.....

After seeing what chitlins are they don't lose their lunch all over their
monitor

http://www.foodreference.com/html/fchitterlings.html

Gypsy

A Hess

Somewhere around 2/21/04 11:00 AM, Whitecrest typed wildly with reckless
abandon:

> says...
>
>>This was a totally accidental post... I meant to send it to my wife (she
>>sometimes says things like "Well, lets go get the chitlins" etc)....

> Maybe your wife is from a different country and is just learning how to
> speak English. And she is really trying to say "Children" that but,
> because of her very prominent foreign accent, it just sounds like
> "chitlins"
>
> Of course, you would probably would have noticed this with other words
> too.

Nah, it's just an innocent little something. Mainly derived from
children -> chillen -> chitlins. Just a lazy verbal regression, if
there is such a thing.

That, and we've heard the word chitlins before, but being from small,
"isolatated", primarily redneck community, we never bothered to find
it's source.

--
If at first you don't succeed, give up. No use being a damn fool.

Blinky the Shark

A Hess wrote:

> Nah, it's just an innocent little something. Mainly derived from
> children -> chillen -> chitlins. Just a lazy verbal regression, if

Boogie Chillun!

http://www.dubba.com/hookah/lyrics/boogiechillun.htm

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F