Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > newsgroup about php

newsgroup about php

toylet

> Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't use/trust OE...
>
> MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

And I suspect that many other mail/news clients don't support top
posting. If you used mozilla's mail-news frontend, you would know what I
meant by "supporting". I am talking about Mozilla, not the old Netscape 4.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

Paul Furman

toylet wrote:

> Is there any good newsgroup or news server that talks about php
> programming? usenet has no group for php and mysql.

If you poke around on php.net they have their own news server at:
news.php.net

It's a bit annoying that it's also tied into an email listserve so you
get a lot of email out-of-office replies and people who reply direct to
your email. OTOH I think you need to initially subscribe by email so
everyone has a valid email and it's more tame than the wild west of usenet.

toylet

> If you poke around on php.net they have their own news server at:
> news.php.net

oops. I only check her docuementation and wasn't aware of a news server.
Thanks for the reminder.

> your email. OTOH I think you need to initially subscribe by email so
> everyone has a valid email and it's more tame than the wild west of usenet.

Then I suepect that it's just a mailing list diverted into a news server
for read-only search/retrieval of messages. ClamAV's (an open-sourced
anti-virus product http://www.clamav.net) news server runs like that.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 11:50pm up 1 day 10 min load average: 1.00 1.00 0.99

Paul Furman

toylet wrote:

>> I think you need to initially subscribe by email so
>> everyone has a valid email and it's more tame than the wild west of
>> usenet.

> Then I suepect that it's just a mailing list diverted into a news server
> for read-only search/retrieval of messages. ClamAV's (an open-sourced
> anti-virus product http://www.clamav.net) news server runs like that.

You can post directly to the news server though some people are
subscribed by email.

toylet

>> Then I suepect that it's just a mailing list diverted into a news server
>> for read-only search/retrieval of messages. ClamAV's (an open-sourced

> You can post directly to the news server though some people are
> subscribed by email.

thanks.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 1:52am up 1 day 2:12 load average: 1.00 0.99 0.96

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named toylet:

>>> I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does.
>>> Anyway.

>> Huh?

> Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't
> use/trust OE...
>
> MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

*Support* top posting? There is nothing to *support*. It is all a
matter of user choosing where to type. You do /not/ need to type where
the cursor is initially shown.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Quoth the raven named toylet:

>>> Huh?

>> Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't
>> use/trust OE...

>> MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

> *Support* top posting? There is nothing to *support*. It is all a
> matter of user choosing where to type. You do /not/ need to type where
> the cursor is initially shown.

"Top posting because that's where your cursor happened to be is like
shitting your pants because that's where your ass hole happened to be."

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

Blinky the Shark

toylet wrote:

> oops.. needs a username and password...

So register.

--
Blinky Linux RU 4892F
http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org
http://blinkynet.net

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Blinky the Shark:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> Quoth the raven named toylet:

>>> Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't
>>> use/trust OE...

>>> MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

>> *Support* top posting? There is nothing to *support*. It is all
>> a matter of user choosing where to type. You do /not/ need to
>> type where the cursor is initially shown.

> "Top posting because that's where your cursor happened to be is
> like shitting your pants because that's where your ass hole
> happened to be."

<ROF,LSHISMP!!!!>

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

rf

"toylet" <toylet_at_mail.hongkong.com> wrote in message
news:403775e8$(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com...
> > No ISP carries all groups. Read this:
> > http://tinyurl.com/pxx

> I don't want to get into the religous debate of top vs bottom posting.
> if your mail reader support top-posting, it's far more efficient when
> writing replies. Save a lot more moust clicks for conservation that uses
> short replies. Trimming of quotes is also easier.
>
> I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.

What a stupid thing to say. How can an editor (and yes, all news clients
include an editor) either support or not support what you wish to type into
them?
You have a down arrow and a delete button. Use them.

You also have two choices. 1) adhere to the conventions of this and many
other groups and become part of the community. 2) Do not adhere to the
conventions and be simply ignored.

Cheers
Richard.