Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > newsgroup about php

newsgroup about php

toylet

allow posting as well? great. many public news servers don't allow posting.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org

toylet

oops.. needs a username and password...

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

Hywel

In article <40373130$(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> > Why don't you try to help yourself and type "PHP" in to your news
> > client's group list?
> >
> > alt.comp.lang.php
> > alt.php
> > comp.lang.php
> >

> I did, but I never knew whether my ISP carries all usenet newsgrou. SO I
> asked. And then I learnt my ISP really didn't carry all newsgroups.

No ISP carries all groups. Read this:
http://tinyurl.com/pxx

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Toby A Inkster

toylet wrote:

[...]
> Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. Linux 2.4.22-xfs
> 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

???

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, toylet <(E-Mail Removed)> feverishly typed:

> but that would be a bit off-topic if I asked here...

From http://www.alt-html.org (Information for the participants of the
alt.html Newsgroup): "Just about anything Web related is on topic in
alt.html however keep in mind that (for example) for JavaScript questions
you would probably get a better response in a newsgroup specifically aimed
at JavaScript."

You might also want to read this;

How To Post in Newsgroups:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (E-Mail Removed). Take the dog out!

toylet

> [...]
>> Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust. Linux 2.4.22-xfs
>> 6:24pm up 18:44 1 user 1.00 1.00

> ???

???

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 10:46pm up 23:06 1 user 0.97 0.93

toylet

> How To Post in Newsgroups:
> http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

I personally don't have problem with top-posting. anyway.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 10:48pm up 23:08 1 user 0.97 0.93

toylet

> No ISP carries all groups. Read this:
> http://tinyurl.com/pxx

I don't want to get into the religous debate of top vs bottom posting.
if your mail reader support top-posting, it's far more efficient when
writing replies. Save a lot more moust clicks for conservation that uses
short replies. Trimming of quotes is also easier.

I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 11:12pm up 23:32 1 user 1.00 1.00

Dylan Parry

toylet wrote:

> I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.

Huh?

--
Dylan Parry
Now playing: Yes - The Calling (Special Version)

toylet

>> I think OE doesn't support top-posting yet. Mozilla does. Anyway.
>
> Huh?

Outlook Express doesn't support top-posting, right? I don't use/trust OE...

MOzilla support both Top and Bottom posting.

--
.~. Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
/ v \ http://www.linux-sxs.org
/( _ )\ Linux 2.4.22-xfs
^ ^ 11:26pm up 23:46 1 user 1.00 1.00