Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Are these consider doorways

Are these consider doorways

Paul Briggs

Hi,

I have a few different domains the point to my main site on my servers is
this a problem at all with search engines? is this consider doorways or
something?, they are all the one site thry are exactly the same.

Regards Paul

SpaceGirl

"Paul Briggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QRwZb.406$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a few different domains the point to my main site on my servers is
> this a problem at all with search engines? is this consider doorways or
> something?, they are all the one site thry are exactly the same.
>
> Regards Paul

Yeah this is bad news for search engines. If you have five related domains
pointing to your site, you're better having 4 mini sites WITH CONTENT, which
then offer a click through link through to your core site. This gives you
better rankings, and less likelihood of the dreaded Google blacklist.

Michael Wilcox

SpaceGirl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Yeah this is bad news for search engines.

Google has domains reserved for mispellings in its address, like
http://www.gooogle.com/ , so are these the same thing?
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Spartanicus

"Paul Briggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a few different domains the point to my main site on my servers is
>this a problem at all with search engines? is this consider doorways or
>something?, they are all the one site thry are exactly the same.

Use one domain and make the others redirect to it.

--
Spartanicus