Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What is this ?

What is this ?

Ruud

Anyone know what this is ?

I am convinced I had filled in keywords in this metatag : <META
NAME="keywords" CONTENT="none">
and now I cannot overwite "none", am unable to save it.
I use Webber32, can it be that an update converted it and inserted this
"parsing thing, does it have any relation to each other ???

Ruud

Steve Pugh

"Ruud" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone know what this is ?

Microsoft introduced (and the withdrew after some bad publicity) a
feature whereby advertisers could buy certain words in MS products.
Say that General Motors bought the word 'car', everytime 'car'
appeared in a web page displayed in IE that word would be a link to
the GM site. The above meta tag is tos top this behaviour, thereby
stopping advertisers high-jacking your site. Smart Tags never took off
and there's really no point in including the above meta tag.

>I am convinced I had filled in keywords in this metatag : <META
>NAME="keywords" CONTENT="none">
>and now I cannot overwite "none", am unable to save it.
>I use Webber32, can it be that an update converted it and inserted this
>"parsing thing, does it have any relation to each other ???

Have you e-mailled tech support for Webber32?

Steve

Matthias Gutfeldt

Ruud wrote:

> Anyone know what this is ?