Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > ul classes

ul classes

Luigi Donatello Asero

I tried to use different ul classes having one class with square and another
without but there is something going wrong.
The page is http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html
and the 40.css which I used is as follows

p{
margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-top: 2%;
text-indent:5%;
text-align: left;
margin-left:10%;
margin-right:10%;
}

TABLE { border-collapse: separate;
border: 1px solid red;
}

..one {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #ffffff;}
..two {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #33ffcc;}
..three {color:#000000; border: 1px solid white;
background: #99ff66;}
..four {
color:#ffffff; border: 1px solid white;
background: #cc6600;}
..five {color:#ffffff;
border: 1px solid white;
background: #ff0099;}

th, li, h1, h2, h3, a {
color: black;
background: transparent;
text-align:center;
}
body {
background: #ffffcc;
color: black;
font-size: 100%;
margin: 0;}
#head{border:0px solid white;}

#content{
margin-left:auto;
border:1px solid green;}
DIV.normal{margin-top: 5%;

}
div#menu{color:#000000;
background:#ffffcc;
width:25ex;

border:1px solid white;
text-align:center;

float:left;}
#menu a {
margin-left:auto;
margin-right: auto;
color: #0000ff;
background:#ffcc66;

border-left: 1px solid #F66460;
border-top: 1px solid #F66460;
border-right: 1px solid #000000;
border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
width: 80%;

margin-top: 5px;

display: block;}

#menu a:active {color: #0000ff; background-color:#ffffff; }
#menu a:visited {color: #000000; background-color:#ffffff;}
#menu a:hover {
color: #666666;
background-color:#ffffff;
border-left: 1px solid #000000;
border-top: 1px solid #000000;
border-right: 1px solid #F66460;
border-bottom: 1px solid #F66460;}
div.top {margin-top: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;
text-align:center;
}
div.bottom {margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;
width:100%
}
div.provinser{
margin:auto;
padding:0;
text-align:center;
width:50%;
}
div.semesterboende{
margin:auto;
padding:0;

width:78%;
}

ul {
margin:auto;
list-style-type:none;
}
ul.provincie{
margin:auto;
list-style-type:square;}
li {
display:inline;
}

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk

Steve Pugh

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I tried to use different ul classes having one class with square and another
>without but there is something going wrong.
>The page is http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html
>and the 40.css which I used is as follows
>
>ul { margin:auto; list-style-type:none;}
>ul.provincie{ margin:auto; list-style-type:square;}
>li { display:inline; }

Inline <li>s don't have bullets.
In CSS only elements that are display: list-item (the default for li)
have automatic bullets. As soon as you change that to display: inline;
the bullets vanish. The same applies if you make the <li>s block
elements either by display: block; or by float.

The following will not work in Internet Explorer, but will work in
Opera and Mozilla:
ul.provincie li:before {content: "\25A0\20";}

For IE you'll need to include the bullet in the actual content of the
LI, which leads to double bullets when CSS is disabled, or use a
background image:

ul.provincie li {padding-left: 15px; background: url(bullet.gif)
no-repeat;}

Steve

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I tried to use different ul classes having one class with square and

another
> >without but there is something going wrong.
> >The page is http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html
> >and the 40.css which I used is as follows
> >
> >ul { margin:auto; list-style-type:none;}
> >ul.provincie{ margin:auto; list-style-type:square;}
> >li { display:inline; }

> Inline <li>s don't have bullets.
> In CSS only elements that are display: list-item (the default for li)
> have automatic bullets. As soon as you change that to display: inline;
> the bullets vanish. The same applies if you make the <li>s block
> elements either by display: block; or by float.
>
> The following will not work in Internet Explorer, but will work in
> Opera and Mozilla:
> ul.provincie li:before {content: "\25A0\20";}
>
> For IE you'll need to include the bullet in the actual content of the
> LI, which leads to double bullets when CSS is disabled, or use a
> background image:
>
> ul.provincie li {padding-left: 15px; background: url(bullet.gif)
> no-repeat;}
>

> Steve
>
> --
> "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
>
> Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Well, I think it should look better now at least a IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.6
What about Opera and Netscape?
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/benvenuti.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/willkommen.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

Classes within classes David ASP .Net 2 07-22-2005 07:13 PM
What is the difference between nested classes and inner classes ? Razvan Java 5 07-27-2004 07:59 PM
Modifiers applied to attributes, local variables, member functions, classes and inncer classes ! Razvan Java 11 07-17-2004 08:57 PM
Can I using reflection to get all child classes or classes undera package dynamically? Carfield Yim Java 1 05-31-2004 05:33 PM
How to access inner classes variables & methods from outer classes lonelyplanet999 Java 1 11-13-2003 01:54 PM

Advertisments