Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > anchor psuedo's: Is There An 'Official' Order...?

anchor psuedo's: Is There An 'Official' Order...?

Rusty

hi...

I've worked with ANCHOR psuedo-classes for a while, for link 'mouse-overs'.

So far the recipe I use is this order

A.LINK
A.VISITED
A.HOVER
A.ACTIVE

The "Hover" and "Active" elements seem to work fine on my PC. A friend who
has a new Mac Titanium says they don't work.

However, other link classes on the same page with a different psuedo-class
order work okay on his Mac. Go Figure.

A.LINK
A.ACTIVE
A.VISITED
A.HOVER

Can anyone comment on any "right way" or "wrong way" of doing this?

thanks,

Rusty

Paul Furman

Rusty wrote:

> hi...
>
> I've worked with ANCHOR psuedo-classes for a while, for link 'mouse-overs'.
>
> So far the recipe I use is this order
>
> A.LINK
> A.VISITED
> A.HOVER
> A.ACTIVE
>
> The "Hover" and "Active" elements seem to work fine on my PC. A friend who
> has a new Mac Titanium says they don't work.
>
> However, other link classes on the same page with a different psuedo-class
> order work okay on his Mac. Go Figure.
>
> A.LINK
> A.ACTIVE
> A.VISITED
> A.HOVER
>
> Can anyone comment on any "right way" or "wrong way" of doing this?

This was discussed this week here.
I think it was

Las
Vegas
Has
Animals

but it depends on the effect you want so other arrangements could work.

Toby A Inkster

Rusty wrote:

> A.LINK
> A.ACTIVE
> A.VISITED
> A.HOVER

I hope you mean ':' and not '.'?

You can put them in any order depending on what effect you are trying to
create, but for the effect most people want to create: link, visited,
hover, active.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

How to jump to an anchor? Robert Wehofer ASP .Net 2 11-17-2003 11:51 PM
Anchor Names in ASP AC ASP .Net 5 11-17-2003 07:07 AM
Postback and set focus to Page anchor Janaka ASP .Net 0 10-28-2003 11:48 AM
anchor question Mike P ASP .Net 1 08-05-2003 12:14 PM
moving to an anchor point programmatically Craig Phillips ASP .Net 2 07-03-2003 01:32 PM

Advertisments