Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: "why is your web site on fire"?

OT: "why is your web site on fire"?

PCportinc

This was a commercial which ran around 1995/6.
A girl walks into a room where a guy is designing a site
and he has those flaming bars on top which used to be popular
on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
Does anyone remember?

Steve Pugh

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)atSPAM (PCportinc) wrote:

>This was a commercial which ran around 1995/6.
>A girl walks into a room where a guy is designing a site
>and he has those flaming bars on top which used to be popular
>on sites in the mid-90's(probably became popular as a result of
>this commercial). But I cant seem to recall what the ad was for.
>Does anyone remember?

The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

Steve

Andy Dingley

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:20:21 +0000, Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The 'flaming logo' ad? It was for IBM. I think it ran a lot more
>recently than 95/96, more like 00/01.

'99 I think.

Around Jan '99 I was making some _very_ expensive phone calls and had
serious money to spend. IBM (bless 'em) were the _only_ web
consultancy / design house / whatever who talked sensible answers to
me and weren't a complete bunch of pointy-bearded wankers (as was
every other NooMeeja outfit we spoke to).

Sadly the Powers That Be went with the Gustavs, and the site was an
infamous disaster.