Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML question.....

HTML question.....

Blogga

When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to display text?
In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Kris

In article <4031fb6c$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Blogga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to
> display text?
> In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't
> work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

Why do you want to control information in a part of the browser that is
off limits to web authors? It is my status bar and it indicates where
links go so I will know to click it or not. That is what most people
think if they care for looking at the status bar. Those who don't look
at it have no deal with the info you try to display there in the first
place.

If you want to add optional explanatory information to a link, use the
TITLE attribute.

--
Kris
<(E-Mail Removed)> (nl)

Hywel Jenkins

In article <4031fb6c$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar to display text?
> In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

onmouseover - and it does work. Give a URL of your sample code.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Blogga

> > When using a map for links in a picture, how do you get the status bar
to display text?
> > In a standard link its as easy as typing "on mouse over" but this

doesn't work in mapped links. Can anyone help?

> onmouseover - and it does work. Give a URL of your
> sample code.

<area shape="rect" coords="5, 19, 66, 86" href="check.html"
onmouseover="window.status='View this page';return true;"
onmouseout="window.status='You are here';return true;"
style="text-decoration: none">

This is what I have been using and it dosn't work