Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > get vs post

get vs post

Steve

When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
1st item. Got any ideas?

Jack

David Dorward

Steve wrote:

> When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
> items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
> 1st item. Got any ideas?

Validate? Show us the code? Tell us which version of Netscape?

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

Augustus

> When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
> items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
> 1st item. Got any ideas?

with no url to reference, it would be hard to tell

maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
only hold so much content)

Steve Pugh

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
>items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
>1st item. Got any ideas?

Which version of Netscape?
What's the URL of your form?

Steve

Mark Parnell

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it can
> only hold so much content)

Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
actual question.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Augustus

"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:w0hijxgkasjp.10nm1ht0l8v7d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
> >
> > maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it

can
> > only hold so much content)

> Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
> was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
> actual question.

he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

Mark Parnell

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:43:50 -0800, "Augustus"
<(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:

> he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
> in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

That's not what I read. He said using post, when he uses IE, he gets
everything, when he uses NS, he only gets the first one. Get wasn't even
mentioned except in the subject.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Hywel Jenkins

In article <c0rdk5$1a7rt9$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,

> "Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:w0hijxgkasjp.10nm1ht0l8v7d$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:15:18 -0800, "Augustus"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> declared in alt.html:
> > >
> > > maybe your first item is too long that it overflows the querystring (it

> can
> > > only hold so much content)

> > Wouldn't that only apply if he was using get? He did specifically say he
> > was using post. Though the subject line is rather different to the
> > actual question.

> he was saying that if he uses POST he gets all the data from the page... but
> in using GET he only gets the first item from the page

Read the OP again ...

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Eric Bohlman

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all
> the items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only
> get the 1st item. Got any ideas?

The most likely cause is that you've got some error in your HTML that IE
recovers from but Netscape doesn't. Validate the HTML and fix any errors;
if the problem still persists, post a URL here.

Marc Nadeau

Steve a écrit:

> When I use a post method for my form with internet explored I get all the
> items from the page. (works just fine) When I use Netscape I only get the
> 1st item. Got any ideas?
>
> Jack

GET and POST are used by the server side scripts, not the browser.
The server returns the same page to any browser.

So you probably have an error in your html code.

Better send a url if you expect a more complete answer.

--
mv sco /dev/null
#