Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Noobie help

Reply
Thread Tools

Noobie help

 
 
George Mac
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup for noobie type questions re html. For
instance how do I reduce the line spacing using Namo 5? At the moment it
seems stuck on double spacing.

Cheers
George Mac


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve R.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
George Mac wrote in message ...
> For instance how do I reduce the line spacing using Namo 5?
> At the moment it seems stuck on double spacing.


Using 'Frontpage' you hold down the 'shift' key. Experiment and see what
happens.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Dorward
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
George Mac wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup for noobie type questions re html. For
> instance how do I reduce the line spacing using Namo 5? At the moment it
> seems stuck on double spacing.


That seems unlikely, its more likely that when you trying to insert a new
line you are, in fact, starting a new paragraph - and paragraphs have
margins.

You might want paragraphs with different amounts of spacing between them
(CSS can be used to adjust the margins). You might really be entering a
list of items and should be using markup (<li>/<ul>/<ol>) that says as
much.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Duende
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
While sitting in a puddle George Mac scribbled in the mud:

> Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup for noobie type questions re html


alt.html

--
Duende
Recommended hosting
www.hostingforabuck.net
www.affordablehost.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
George Mac
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2004

"Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9491795FA8C9Exxxspamwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4. ..
> While sitting in a puddle George Mac scribbled in the mud:
>
> > Can anyone suggest a good newsgroup for noobie type questions re html

>
> alt.html
>
> --
> Duende
> Recommended hosting
> www.hostingforabuck.net
> www.affordablehost.com


Oh! Mell way U Laff!! (check the response ffs)
I'll get me coat then?




 
Reply With Quote
 
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-17-2004
Steve R. wrote:

> George Mac wrote in message ...
>
>>For instance how do I reduce the line spacing using Namo 5?
>>At the moment it seems stuck on double spacing.

>
>
> Using 'Frontpage' you hold down the 'shift' key. Experiment and see what
> happens.


Well, Shift and Enter at any rate
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruby Noobie needs some help r Ruby 11 12-31-2008 08:54 PM
noobie needs help kheris@o2.pl Java 18 04-08-2006 08:58 PM
Noobie need help laik Java 1 04-01-2005 07:07 PM
Noobie question? why not just the EXE file for update? default Firefox 7 08-06-2004 03:30 PM
need help: Noobie mcc Javascript 3 01-05-2004 01:36 AM



Advertisments