Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > divs

Ike

How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white, or
some other color say? -Ike

Richard

Ike wrote:

> How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
> or some other color say? -Ike

note the single quotes around [whtie].

..sample { backgroundColor:white; }

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Richard:

> Ike wrote:
>
> > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all white,
> > or some other color say? -Ike

> note the single quotes around [whtie].

There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it would be:

> .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

The above advice is wrong [as usual].

Ike, in your css:

..sample { color: black; background: white; }

In the HTML:

[other stuff here]

Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to do, and
provided a URL to what you already have?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Chet

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%CRXb.58987$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Quoth the raven named Richard:
|
| > Ike wrote:
| >
| > > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make
it all white,
| > > or some other color say? -Ike

| > note the single quotes around [whtie].
|
| There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
would be:

| > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

| The above advice is wrong [as usual].
|
| Ike, in your css:
|
| .sample { color: black; background: white; }
|
| In the HTML:

| [other stuff here]
|
| Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
do, and
| provided a URL to what you already have?
|
| --
| -bts
| -This space intentionally left blank.

I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
a background-color. I'm getting this from

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.htm...und-properties

From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.

Am I wrong??

--
Chet
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove NO.....SPAM)

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:%CRXb.58987$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Quoth the raven named Richard:

> it all white,

> | > note the single quotes around [whtie].
> |
> | There is no "backgroundColor" in css. Even if there was, it
> would be:
> |
> | > .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

> | The above advice is wrong [as usual].
> |
> | Ike, in your css:
> |
> | .sample { color: black; background: white; }
> |
> | In the HTML:

> | [other stuff here]
> |
> | Perhaps if you explained a bit more about what you wanted to
> do, and
> | provided a URL to what you already have?
> |
> | --
> | -bts
> | -This space intentionally left blank.
>
> I agree there is no backgroundColor but according to W3C there is
> a background-color. I'm getting this from

Bullis was wrong - way off the mark.

> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.htm...und-properties
>
> From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.
>
> Am I wrong??

No.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Kim André Akerĝ

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ike wrote:
>
> > How can I make a div that covers the entire view, and make it all

white,
> > or some other color say? -Ike

> note the single quotes around [whtie].
>
> .sample { backgroundColor:white; }

Not entirely correct. In that case, it would be:

and:

..sample { background-color: white; }

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- (E-Mail Removed)
(remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

Chet

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...

| Bullis was wrong - way off the mark.
|

| > http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.htm...und-properties
| >
| > From what I read, it's part of CSS Level 2.
| >
| > Am I wrong??
|
| No.
|
| --
| Hywel I do not eat quiche
| http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
| http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Thanks Hywel, I didn't think he was correct.

Regards,
--
Chet
(E-Mail Removed) (remove NO.....SPAM)

swapping divs -- when divs NOT positioned absolutely.. maya Javascript 4 11-16-2007 05:11 PM
Managing divs within divs.... rich HTML 0 02-02-2006 07:38 PM
Nested DIVs - is there a better way? Guadala Harry ASP .Net 2 10-26-2004 07:30 PM
asp.net and divs mikieg_99 ASP .Net 6 07-30-2004 01:19 PM
Re: DIVs and overflow scroll bars S. Justin Gengo ASP .Net 0 07-18-2003 02:18 PM

Advertisments