Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css column height problems

css column height problems

Fredo Vincentis

Hi guys,

I am struggling a bit with getting the background of one of my css-created
columns to be the height I want it to be. If you have a look at
http://www.addictivemedia.com.au/clients/REW/ you will see (depending on
your browser) that the left column behaves not the way I want it to:

- in IE 6 it creates an additional scrollbar (because it adds the height of
the banner at the top to the 100% height I gave to the column)
- in all other browsers it is not as long as the column on the right

The effect I want to achieve is of course for both columns to have the same
height.

Thanks for your help!