Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Semantics extractor

Semantics extractor

Luigi Donatello Asero

Could you please explain to me what the Semantic extractor is and where I
can find it? Is its use free of charge?
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk

picayunish

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Could you please explain to me what the Semantic extractor is and where I
> can find it? Is its use free of charge?

See explaination at
http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Luigi Donatello Asero

"picayunish" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > Could you please explain to me what the Semantic extractor is and where

> > can find it? Is its use free of charge?

> See explaination at
> http://www.w3.org/2003/12/semantic-extractor.html
> --
> Edwin van der Vaart
> http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
> http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

May-be you want to explain to me what this example means

http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xs...-semantic.xsl&

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...tartiklar.html

Toby A Inkster

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xs...-semantic.xsl&

That's an error message. The semantics extractor tried to access the page
you told it, but received a 403 (Forbidden, IIRC) error.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Toby A Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xs...-semantic.xsl&

> That's an error message. The semantics extractor tried to access the page
> you told it, but received a 403 (Forbidden, IIRC) error.
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
> Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

Now it works
http://www.w3.org/2000/06/webdata/xs...-semantic.xsl&

I am under the impression that I used a table on this page where I should
have used a list. The table contains the name of the regions in Italy and
every region is also a link. What would it be more appropriate to use?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...tartiklar.html

Eric Bohlman

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsTrXb.49025$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am under the impression that I used a table on this page where I
> should have used a list. The table contains the name of the regions in
> Italy and every region is also a link. What would it be more
> appropriate to use?

That sounds like a list to me, since from the user's perspective each entry
contains only a single piece of data (the fact that it's a link isn't data
as far as the user is concerned). A good way to tell if a table should
really be a list is to ask yourself whether you could put meaningful, non-
redundant row and column headers on it. In your case, there would be only
one column header ("region") and any row header would simply duplicate the
row data, so you really have a list.