Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Someone enlighten me, please!

Someone enlighten me, please!

Steve

Hi!,

Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
performing a mailto???

Anyone?

Thanks,

Steve

Leif K-Brooks

Steve wrote:
> Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
> performing a mailto???

Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
with action="(E-Mail Removed)" won't work for a lot of people,
won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

David Dorward

Steve wrote:

> Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
> performing a mailto???

Form? Mailto? Bad idea: http://www.isolani.co.uk/newbie/mailto.html

Now you have a server side script processing your data
<http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/>, you can do whatever calculations
you want in that script.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

Whitecrest

In article <6uOWb.1537$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Steve wrote:
> > Is it possible to take make a form that adds the figures together before
> > performing a mailto???

> Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
> with action="(E-Mail Removed)" won't work for a lot of people,
> won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
processing.....

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Leif K-Brooks

Whitecrest wrote:
> In article <6uOWb.1537$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
>>with action="(E-Mail Removed)" won't work for a lot of people,
>>won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

> Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
> processing.....

I would have no car than have a big pile of unfixable trash in my garage.

Steve

Thanks Guys - I just went and learned some simple PHP and after 2 tortous
hours it worked!!

The advice was harsh but good!

Steve

Andrew Glasgow

In article <IBVWb.1749$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Leif K-Brooks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Whitecrest wrote:
> > In article <6uOWb.1537$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >>Stop using that hack and use a real script to process your form. A form
> >>with action="(E-Mail Removed)" won't work for a lot of people,
> >>won't be as customizable, and will just plain suck.

> > Correct, but is better than nothing if you don't have server side
> > processing.....

> I would have no car than have a big pile of unfixable trash in my garage.

Isn't that what garages are *for*?

--
| Andrew Glasgow <amg39(at)cornell.edu> |
| "This site was constructed with FrontPage. We regret any inconvenience and |