Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > close page with vbscript clientside

close page with vbscript clientside

Phil Di Guillielmo

HI, I would like to close my webpage with vbscript clientside,
sort of Application.Quit

--
http://users.tijd.com/fiwi

Kae Verens

Phil Di Guillielmo wrote:
> HI, I would like to close my webpage with vbscript clientside,
> sort of Application.Quit

why?

JavaScript is much more prevalent than VBscript.

window.close() in JavaScript. Only use it on popups.

don't crosspost

Kae

Phil Di Guillielmo

"Kae Verens" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:htJWb.2481$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Phil Di Guillielmo wrote:
> > HI, I would like to close my webpage with vbscript clientside,
> > sort of Application.Quit

> why?
>
> JavaScript is much more prevalent than VBscript.
>
> window.close() in JavaScript. Only use it on popups.
>
> don't crosspost
>
> Kae

You're right, and wit JS you can avoid the annoying window popup :

<script>
window.opener = 'm';
window.close();
</script>

Thanks !

FILIP [http://users.tijd.com/fiwi]

Leif K-Brooks

Kae Verens wrote:
> don't crosspost

There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

Kae Verens

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Kae Verens wrote:
>
>> don't crosspost

> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
> groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

Kae

Leif K-Brooks

Kae Verens wrote:
> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>
>> Kae Verens wrote:
>>
>>> don't crosspost

>> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or
>> three groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

> except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

Vbscript is relevant to at least alt.html and
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript, but "don't crosspost" would be bad
advice even if this particular crosspost wasn't relevant to any of its
groups.

--
Proud "php freak that likes to stick to the rules". Actually, Python.

Mark Parnell

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:17:01 GMT, Leif K-Brooks <(E-Mail Removed)>
declared in
alt.html,alt.html.webedit,microsoft.public.htmlhel p,microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.pu blic.webdesign.html:

> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
> groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

In this case there are 5, but yes, the advice should have been more
specific than just "don't crosspost".

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Phil Di Guillielmo

"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:JzPWb.1720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kae Verens wrote:

> >> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or
> >> three groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

> > except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

> Vbscript is relevant to at least alt.html and
> microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript, but "don't crosspost" would be bad
> advice even if this particular crosspost wasn't relevant to any of its
> groups.
>
> --
> Proud "php freak that likes to stick to the rules". Actually, Python.

I agree,
I should only say "don't Multipost".