Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > iframe help - change two iframes with one click - please ignore last post no e-mail address

iframe help - change two iframes with one click - please ignore last post no e-mail address

Arne Hendrickson

Can anyone tell me how to edit this script for "traditional frames" to work
with iframes?

SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
<!----hide
function change2()
{
parent.left_frame.location="page3.htm";
parent.right_frame.location="page4.htm";
}
//------>
</SCRIPT>

--
Arne Hendrickson
Set-Up Guys

Steve R.

Arne Hendrickson wrote in message ...
> Can anyone tell me how to edit this script for
> "traditional frames" to work with iframes?

You haven't given enough information. Are you asking if it's possible to
add an iframe on a framed page or what?

An URL would be helpful.

Arne Hendrickson

No I want to change the contents of two iframes from one link. I have a menu
bar at the top of the page and two iframes one with text and one with
pictures. I want both iframes to update from one link. I know how to do this
using "traditional frames" but the syntax seem to be different for iframes
and I haven't been able to find anything about it on any of the tutorial
sites or at http://www.w3.org/

The url is: www.sunsetinn-tours.com

Thanks in advance.
Arne

"Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:5bqWb.1970$S%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Arne Hendrickson wrote in message ...
> > Can anyone tell me how to edit this script for
> > "traditional frames" to work with iframes?

> You haven't given enough information. Are you asking if it's possible to
> add an iframe on a framed page or what?
>
> An URL would be helpful.

Steve R.

Arne Hendrickson wrote in message ...
> I want to change the contents of two iframes from one link.
> The url is: www.sunsetinn-tours.com

I can see what you want to achieve now, but I don't know how to do it with
simple HTML. Maybe others can help.

It can be done with CSS if you can understand the mark-up from the two URLs
below which demonstrate that one click can change text content and image
content in two separate areas on a page.

Click on these courtesy of *Brucie* ...

http://www.porjes.com/butterflies

http://butterflies.bruciesusenetshit.info

Will

Arne Hendrickson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to edit this script for "traditional frames" to work
> with iframes?
>
> SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
> <!----hide
> function change2()
> {
> parent.left_frame.location="page3.htm";
> parent.right_frame.location="page4.htm";
> }
> //------>
> </SCRIPT>

I can give you something non-specific. Adapt as you need it:

In the body:

<iframe src="One.html" name="Freddie"></iframe>
<iframe src="aDifferentOne.html" name="Francis"></iframe>

The link:

The code:

function change2(){

document.Freddie.src="Two.html";
document.Francis.src="aDifferentTwo.html";
/* Cut n' paste URLs as you like it */

}

If you want to change both from INSIDE one of the i-frames (in my
example, lets say 'Freddie'), then change the link to:

And remove the first line of code in the function, edit the second, to
make it:

function change2(){

parent.Francis.src="aDifferentTwo.html";