Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Adding a LHS menu to a layout which other elements won't wrap around.

Adding a LHS menu to a layout which other elements won't wrap around.

Hardeep Rakhra

Heya,

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this one.

Trying to create a left hand column menu within my existing layout for
some sub-navigation elements. Basiclly the effect i'm try to get is
like a two column table with lings in the left column and content in
the right. I don;t want the content in the right column to wrap around
the left once is surpasses it in length.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hardeep.

William Tasso

Hardeep Rakhra wrote:
> Basiclly the effect i'm try to get is
> like a two column table with lings in the left column and content in
> the right. I don;t want the content in the right column to wrap
> around the left once is surpasses it in length.

give the right column a left margin value to suit your needs - maybe start
with 16em and see what that looks like

--
William Tasso

Steve R.

Hardeep Rakhra wrote in message...
> Trying to create a left hand column menu within my existing layout.

What's the URL of your existing layout?

So that we may better advise.

Hardeep Rakhra

Steve R. wrote:

> Hardeep Rakhra wrote in message...
>
> What's the URL of your existing layout?
>
> So that we may better advise.

http://www.makeupheaven.co.uk/testarea/products.html

Have placed it at the above address for now.

Also on this page the distance between the grey containing box and the
menu varies from IE to firebird. Looks okay in IE but too close in
Firebird.

http://www.makeupheaven.co.uk/testarea/copyright.html

It's all very rough at the moment so don;t be too scared by it all :O)

Hardeep.