Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > tag to escape other tags

tag to escape other tags

hoke

Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.

So I do not have to use < and > anymore

example:

<escape>
</escape>

must result in:

and not in:
bla bla

help would be greatly appreciated

David Dorward

hoke wrote:

> Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.

Not any more.

> So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

Use a tool that has search and replace

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

Toby A Inkster

hoke wrote:

> Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.
> So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

There was an <xmp>...</xmp> tag in some very early editions of HTML, but I
don't think that there are many browsers that still support it.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Leif K-Brooks

hoke wrote:
> Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.
>
> So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

There are a few, but they've been deprecated since around HTML 2.0. Use
a script to convert special characters to entities for you.