Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > online registration

online registration

Bill

Hi there,

I am currently looking for software that is suited for online registration.
By online registration, I mean a process that users will be able to register
themselves into an organization and pay for the registration fees. This
software needs to be able to track users that have registered in a database
that can be accessed via a website. This software needs to be easy to set
up because many organizations will be using it.

I have been looking at shopping cart software but am unsure if it will work
appropritly. I have looked at:
Interchange Web Site - http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/index and
Agora Web Site - http://www.agoracart.com/agora/index.html

Does anyone know if there is open source software, or open source software
that can be easily motified to suit my needs? If not does anyone know of
software that can be purchased for online registration?

Please help.

Ethan Schlenker

> I am currently looking for software that is suited for online
registration.
> By online registration, I mean a process that users will be able to

register
> themselves into an organization and pay for the registration fees. This
> software needs to be able to track users that have registered in a

database
> that can be accessed via a website. This software needs to be easy to

set
> up because many organizations will be using it.
>
> I have been looking at shopping cart software but am unsure if it will

work
> appropritly. I have looked at:
> Interchange Web Site - http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/index and
> Agora Web Site - http://www.agoracart.com/agora/index.html
>
> Does anyone know if there is open source software, or open source

software
> that can be easily motified to suit my needs? If not does anyone know

of
> software that can be purchased for online registration?

Bill,

While I don't know what your exact requirements are, there may be something
for you if you search:

sf.net
freshmeat.net

Also, in terms of pre-packaged services, a company like ibill.com may be
what you are looking for. Agora is a decent store, but I'm not sure it can
be tweaked to do what you want without lots of work.

Ethan
--
Datarealm Internet Services, Inc.
Shared Hosting: http://www.serve.com

Bill

Hi Ethan:

I have tried searching both but have not been able to go through everything
(there is a lot of projects).
I'll give you an analogy for what i need.

A soccer organization wants a way for all of its players to register for the
organization online. I need ecommerce software that will do this.

"Ethan Schlenker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I am currently looking for software that is suited for online

> registration.
> > By online registration, I mean a process that users will be able to

> register
> > themselves into an organization and pay for the registration fees.

This
> > software needs to be able to track users that have registered in a

> database
> > that can be accessed via a website. This software needs to be easy to

> set
> > up because many organizations will be using it.
> >
> > I have been looking at shopping cart software but am unsure if it will

> work
> > appropritly. I have looked at:
> > Interchange Web Site - http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/index and
> > Agora Web Site - http://www.agoracart.com/agora/index.html
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is open source software, or open source

> software
> > that can be easily motified to suit my needs? If not does anyone know

> of
> > software that can be purchased for online registration?

> Bill,
>
> While I don't know what your exact requirements are, there may be

something
> for you if you search:
>
> sf.net
> freshmeat.net
>
> Also, in terms of pre-packaged services, a company like ibill.com may be
> what you are looking for. Agora is a decent store, but I'm not sure it

can
> be tweaked to do what you want without lots of work.
>
> Ethan
> --
> Datarealm Internet Services, Inc.
> Shared Hosting: http://www.serve.com
> Dedicated Hosting: http://www.rackmounted.com

Hunter

news:4019e6e2$0$191$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Ethan:
>

> I have tried searching both but have not been able to go through

everything
> (there is a lot of projects).
> I'll give you an analogy for what i need.
>
> A soccer organization wants a way for all of its players to register for

the
> organization online. I need ecommerce software that will do this.

You could use oscommerce. oscommerce.com
It's a shopping cart program but you could manipulate the php to suit your
needs. If you want to do online credit card processing then you'll still
need a merchant account to process the transactions. I use verisign but you
could use cheaper products from paysystems.com, or even paypal.com

david