Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html in email

html in email

Steve

Does anyone know where to find the document that explains the difference
between html & email htmlx? We need to convert email to html.

Thanks Jack

Michael Wilcox

Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We need to convert email to html.

I highly doubt you really have to. You'll get better, more accessible
results with plain text.
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Richard

Steve wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find the document that explains the difference
> between html & email htmlx? We need to convert email to html.

> Thanks Jack

Many mail clients won't handle it.
Oultook Express will.
Just write the coding as you would for a web page and include it in the
mail.
See the stationery groups for more info on how it's done properly.

Michael Wilcox

Richard <anonymous@127.000> wrote:
> Many mail clients won't handle it.
> Oultook Express will.

Are yoy kidding? Your saying that since one or a few products can understand
HTML emails, it's okay to send it to everyone, regardless of what they may
use?
--
Michael Wilcox
mjwilco at yahoo dot com

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Steve wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find the document that explains the
> difference between html & email htmlx? We need to convert email to
> html.
>
> Thanks Jack

You must be joking? *adds Jack's domain to the kill file in a pre-emptive,
but probably futile attempt to avoid HTML e-mail spam*

Craig

Friends don't let friends send HTML e-mail.