Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Password Protection

Password Protection

Janice Ann

I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to password
protect it before anyone can proceed.

Can anyone help please??

William Tasso

Janice Ann wrote:
> I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
> password protect it before anyone can proceed.

The answer will be server specific - ask your host/admin for an example.
Please note that HTML is markup, and as such, cannot actualy 'do' anything.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Daan

http://www.html-faq.com/serverbasics/?password

--
Daan

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Janice Ann wrote:

> I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
> password protect it before anyone can proceed.
>
> Can anyone help please??

You cannot secure a website using HTML or JavaScript. You will need to use a
server-side language such as PHP, CGI, Perl or the like.

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:

> Janice Ann wrote:
>
>> I am doing a small web page and I need to know the html code to
>> password protect it before anyone can proceed.
>>
>> Can anyone help please??

> You cannot secure a website using HTML or JavaScript. You will need
> to use a server-side language such as PHP, CGI, Perl or the like.

That said, I excluded some information. You could get a web hoster that
offers HTTP security.

www.dancingborg.co.uk/downloads/SG1 is done through my web hoster, not my
site or database.