Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to improve this page.

How to improve this page.

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Nico Schuyt" skrev

> All the things which are shown before the first picture seem to be
> more important, for example the link
> "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi",

That "Kontakta" is already on the left in your menu. They'll never contact
you when it's not attractive

> so I doubt whether it would be better
> in this case to put the photos more on top of the page.

> But what about aural browsers? Any suggestions?

Blind don't need beautiful pictures.
Nico

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Do you think that also the photos on the homepage
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/
> and for example those on the page
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/amalfi.html
> are not good?

Sorry, but they certainly are *not* good. I advice you to submit an original
scan and ask for advice how to make a thumbnail in your favourite picture
editor.
Nico

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>> "Nico Schuyt" skrev

>>> Look again at the menu. Try to use not more than one or two words
>>> in each button. Cann't "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi" not be replaced
>>> by "Kontakta"?

> I do not think that it would be a good idea to replace it by
> "kontakta" because the word would not say much out of the context
> when it is saved by robots.

The "scaiecat-spa-gigi" is already in the URL.
Nico

Nico Schuyt

Whitecrest wrote:

>> Whitecrest: "Yea, it might be perfect as far as the HTML and CSS
>> goes" and I'm pretty sure he agrees that pages like
>> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html is far worse then
>> your present ones.

> Yes, I completely agree.

>> I know, it was discussed before. And you'll hear it probably often
>> in the future. Just get better pictures

> That alone would improve the site 100%

Luigi is very stubborn
Cheers, Nico

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:4008bb52$0$59458$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whitecrest wrote:
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...

> >> Whitecrest: "Yea, it might be perfect as far as the HTML and CSS
> >> goes" and I'm pretty sure he agrees that pages like
> >> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html is far worse then
> >> your present ones.

> > Yes, I completely agree.

> >> I know, it was discussed before. And you'll hear it probably often
> >> in the future. Just get better pictures

> > That alone would improve the site 100%

> Luigi is very stubborn
> Cheers, Nico

It helps to learn

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:4008b67d$0$119$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> >> "Nico Schuyt" skrev

> > I do not think that it would be a good idea to replace it by
> > "kontakta" because the word would not say much out of the context
> > when it is saved by robots.

> The "scaiecat-spa-gigi" is already in the URL.
> Nico

I do not think that it is enough.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:4008b42c$0$126$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > "Nico Schuyt" skrev

> > All the things which are shown before the first picture seem to be
> > more important, for example the link
> > "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi",

> That "Kontakta" is already on the left in your menu. They'll never contact
> you when it's not attractive

I do not think that this is an argument. Besides I have already noticed that
it was not so easy to find "kontakta" on the left side, so thatīs why I have
put it on the top too.
> > so I doubt whether it would be better
> > in this case to put the photos more on top of the page.

> > But what about aural browsers? Any suggestions?

> Blind don't need beautiful pictures.

Pictures are only a part of the page, what I meant to ask you about is
whether the page is accessible to blind people and if not, what I would need
do make it accessible.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

rf

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsxSNb.44904$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I improve this page?
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html

Idly I drifted off into some of your other pages.

What does intermediation mean? It's not an Australian word I would use in
the following context:

<quote>
(even intermediation for rent exchange)
</quote>

You seem to use it all over the place in the English version of your site.

Cheers
Richard.

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Nico Schuyt

>> That "Kontakta" is already on the left in your menu. They'll never
>> contact you when it's not attractive

> I do not think that this is an argument. Besides I have already
> noticed that it was not so easy to find "kontakta" on the left side,

Maybe because you have to many items in your menu. Split it up in more
levels
Nico

Nico Schuyt

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Nico Schuyt"

>> The "scaiecat-spa-gigi" is already in the URL.

> I do not think that it is enough.

I doubt that. And the disadvantage of a page that is unattractive and
difficult to read is greater than a very small improvement of SEO
BTW, who's gonna search on scaiecat spa gigi kontakta??
Nico