Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Save images and text in a single file

Save images and text in a single file

Rud

Hi,

Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and text
are stored into a single file. I'm using a database application that allows
me to attach a single file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with
images included...

Any idea where to start looking?

Thanks,

Rud.

brucie

in post: <news:bu4e4u$irh$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl>
"Rud" <n0sp@(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and text
> are stored into a single file.

you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
with NS4.x, moz and opera.

example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html

> I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
> file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
> included...

why cant you just include the links to the images?

--
brucie

rf

"Rud" <n0sp@(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bu4e4u$irh$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl...
> Hi,
>
> Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and

text
> are stored into a single file.

No. Well, yes, a PDF but you don't want to inflict that on your viewer.

> I'm using a database application that allows
> me to attach a single file only.

You don't attach images to a web page, you link to them with an img element.

> And I want that file to be a webpage with
> images included...

Where did you obtain this "application"?

> Any idea where to start looking?

Right here... can't be done.

Cheers
Richard

rf

"brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:bu4f2v$df2vu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> in post: <news:bu4e4u$irh$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.home.nl>
> "Rud" <n0sp@(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Is there a file format that browsers can read where all the images and

text
> > are stored into a single file.

> you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
> with NS4.x, moz and opera.

I didn't know that!

> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html

Is that an image of you without your protection on? Cant really tell, even
when I blow it up to 500%.

Cheers
Richard.

brucie

in post: <news:cqnNb.12805$(E-Mail Removed)>

http://theodorakis.net/cssart.html
http://www.hut.fi/u/tsknorri/tablepicture/
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html

--
brucie - i usenet nude

brucie

in post: <news:6ynNb.12813$(E-Mail Removed)>
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>> you could encode the images in the html, not supported by IE but works
>> with NS4.x, moz and opera.

> I didn't know that!

i'm sure you did, we've gone over it before. you've just forgotten.

>> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html

> Is that an image of you without your protection on?

yes, its the image i use for my 1bit usenet x-face in my headers

"NDEIR|fF!DoqI!Tm27N~JOUkO#:1035}tc,Oz}rUP|2?usp82 p"e18,a#[mTPSF1GEO`v]
:XD~dlW<xRe]xK%%y`?0P?}|oqm=7Is,.||^)cQ9k$sl.|H8N5{z{!*hT"

x-face decoder at the bottom of the page:
http://www.dairiki.org/xface/

or you could use a real newsreader that will display them.

> Cant really tell, even when I blow it up to 500%.

1. blow it up to 1000% and stand about 4-6mt away from the monitor
2. gouge your eyes out while screaming hysterically

--
brucie - i usenet nude

Derek @ Blueyonder

> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html
>
> > I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
> > file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
> > included...

> why cant you just include the links to the images?
>
> --
> brucie

What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained in the
one file?

brucie

in post: <news:UPqNb.669$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Derek @ Blueyonder" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
>>> file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
>>> included...

>> why cant you just include the links to the images?

> What about using PDF's

you're trying to fix the wrong problem. use a better db app

> then all of the text and images are contained in the
> one file?

you have to hope that people have pdf support and they can be bothered
downloading them. personally i don't bother anymore, i got sick of
downloading 200k pdfs that could have been done with 10k of html.

--
brucie - i usenet nude

rf

"Derek @ Blueyonder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UPqNb.669$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html
> >
> > > I'm using a database application that allows me to attach a single
> > > file only. And I want that file to be a webpage with images
> > > included...

> > why cant you just include the links to the images?
> >
> > --
> > brucie

> What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained in

the
> one file?

And where do you put the hyperlinks in a PDF file?

Cheers
Richard.

PeterMcC

rf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<uWuNb.13451$(E-Mail Removed)>

> "Derek @ Blueyonder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UPqNb.669$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>>> example: http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...e64-image.html

>>> why cant you just include the links to the images?
>>>
>>> --
>>> brucie

>> What about using PDF's then all of the text and images are contained
>> in the one file?

> And where do you put the hyperlinks [ - ] in a PDF file?

Yes

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,