Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Streaming Realaudio link works in Netscape but not IE

Streaming Realaudio link works in Netscape but not IE

Shan

Here is the page: http://www.helenmoss.org/ccccoct01.htm
I am wanting to stream from the site's webspace.
This is so weird, I followed the directions for creating the .ram file
to redirect for Netscape. And with Netscape it works fine! With IE, I
keep getting an error and I can't understand why. Can anyone help? For
me, it's
renaming the file and can't find it. I read that IE streams realaudio
automatically, but it won't work with either the .ram or the .rm file
for me.
I am very much a newbie with streaming so any tips would be SO much
help!

Thanks,

Shan

Spartanicus

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

--
Spartanicus

Shan

Spartanicus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) tanicus.utvinternet.ie>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Shan) wrote:
>
> >I am very much a newbie with streaming so any tips would be SO much
> >help!

> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

My webhosting company does not allow me to create an htaccess file. Is
there any other way?

Spartanicus

(E-Mail Removed) (Shan) wrote:

>> >I am very much a newbie with streaming so any tips would be SO much
>> >help!

>> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

>My webhosting company does not allow me to create an htaccess file. Is
>there any other way?

No, although it may work with IE and Opera even if the files are served
up with the wrong mime type. Last time I checked Moz required correct
mime types.

--
Spartanicus