Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Table with Background

Table with Background

Brett Baisley

Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image centered in
the table both vertically and horizontally?

This is what I have so far. It shows up fine and there is a pic in the
background, but it is tiled to fit the table. I want just the one image
centered if possible.

Thanks

cellpadding="2" width="750" border="0" background="car.jpg" height="481">

brucie

in post <newsi0Nb.62847$(E-Mail Removed)>
Brett Baisley said:

> Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image centered in
> the table both vertically and horizontally?

yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

table{background:#FFF url(the-image.png) no-repeat center;}

--
brucie

Brett Baisley

What should I be using then?

"brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:bu23u0$cnik2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> in post <newsi0Nb.62847$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Brett Baisley said:
>
> > Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image centered

in
> > the table both vertically and horizontally?

> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout
>
> table{background:#FFF url(the-image.png) no-repeat center;}
>

> --
> brucie

brucie

in post <newst0Nb.62853$(E-Mail Removed)>
Brett Baisley said:

>>> Is it possible to have a table in HTML with a background image
>>> centered in the table both vertically and horizontally?

>> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

> What should I be using then?

CSS
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

please don't toppost

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

--
brucie

Mark Parnell

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:56:52 GMT, Brett Baisley declared in alt.html:
> "brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
> news:bu23u0$cnik2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>
>> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

> What should I be using then?

CSS.
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Noozer

"brucie" <****@bruciesusenetshit.info> wrote in message
news:bu24rt$cmjmn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> in post <newst0Nb.62853$(E-Mail Removed)>

> >> yes but you shouldn't be using tables for layout

> > What should I be using then?

> CSS
> http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
>
> please don't toppost
>
> How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
> http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

I can use links too!!!

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame18.html

rf

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message

> I can use links too!!!
>
> http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame18.html

You can also end up being totally ignored by those who actually have answers
to the questions you are asking.

Cheers
Richard.