Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <ight be of interest to various people....scrolling table cell

<ight be of interest to various people....scrolling table cell

Richard

www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

Found this script on a forum as an answer to someone else's question.
tek-tips.com
So I'll be playing around with this scheme and see how it works out.

I didn't write it Brucie so be quiet.

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard said:

> http://www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ll-thingy.html

degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

--
brucie

Richard

brucie wrote:

> in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard said:

>> http://www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

> heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...le-cell-thingy.
> html

> degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

Saw yours on another site but they had their version so damned overabused
with repetitive crap, it wasn't worthwhile to see the code.
In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.
At least in my version, it works in IE.

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard said:

>> heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
>> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ll-thingy.html
>> degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

> In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.

adding a nul attribute selector to the tbody properties fixes IE, it'll
display the same as opera.

> At least in my version, it works in IE.

http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ll-thingy.html
needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
be stuffed.

--
brucie

Richard

brucie wrote:

> in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard said:

>>> heres a nice one for gecko browsers:
>>> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ble-cell-thing
>>> y.html degrades well with opera, IE poos itself.

>> In IE, yours shows the entire table as if there was no scroll.

> adding a nul attribute selector to the tbody properties fixes IE, it'll
> display the same as opera.

>> At least in my version, it works in IE.

> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ll-thingy.html
> needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
> be stuffed.

Now it works just fine in IE.

> --
> brucie

rf

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> www.1-large-world.com/samples/scrolltable.html

That is not a scrolling table cell, nor a scrolling table. It is a scrolling
div within a table cell.

One can put a scrolling div anywhere and even IE understands them.

What IE does *not* understand is a table where the tbody scrolls but the
thead does not.

Cheers
Ricahrd.

Toby A Inkster

brucie wrote:

> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.in...ll-thingy.html
> needs a bit of fiddling with to get the cols aligned properly but i cant
> be stuffed.

Change this bit:

to:

<!--[if IE 5]>
<![endif]-->

and:

to:

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

form input text in table; how to fill table cell space sdf HTML 3 12-06-2007 03:29 PM
Various Interest Rates shannon Java 8 02-01-2006 09:47 PM
add hyber link to table or table cell web control Symphony ASP .Net Web Controls 1 03-16-2005 12:30 AM
Table in a cell of another table Mark Goldin ASP .Net 2 08-19-2004 10:42 AM
How do I have a table cell fetch another page to display within the cell? Phillip Roncoroni HTML 14 04-05-2004 05:58 PM

Advertisments