Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Web opens up for learning disabled

OT: Web opens up for learning disabled

kayodeok

Web opens up for learning disabled

New software that will make websites accessible to people with
learning difficulties will go on sale later this year.

The software can translate websites using the Rebus symbol system
The system, called Communicate Webwise, automatically turns
information on pages into symbols or plain text.

The developer, Widgit Software, says it can process most web pages,
except those containing complicated java or flash components.

Webwise uses Widgit's own Rebus symbol system, but can be made to
work with other similar systems.

More:

Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk.../webdesign.htm

Whitecrest

In article <Xns946DEAF19FBA7news4kayode@130.133.1.4>,
> Web opens up for learning disabled

Oh great.... But I seem to remember me predicting this about a year go.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com