Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS and form elements

CSS and form elements

Terry Murray

Hi everyone:

I am rather new to CSS. I was wondering if I could be pointed to resources
(or perhaps be showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the
appearance of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text areas,
select menus, etc.)

Thanks in advance

Terry

brucie

in post
<news:YJ_Lb.66267$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com>
Terry Murray said:

> I was wondering if I could be pointed to resources (or perhaps be
> showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the appearance
> of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text areas,
> select menus, etc.)

browser support for styling form elements varies or can be turned off.
there are also usability issues if form elements don't look like form
elements.

http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/styleforms/

--
brucie

rf

"Terry Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YJ_Lb.66267$(E-Mail Removed) ble.rogers.com...
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am rather new to CSS. I was wondering if I could be pointed to

resources
> (or perhaps be showed a code snippet right here) on how I can affect the
> appearance of form elements (ie. the color and size of buttons, text

areas,
> select menus, etc.)

There's nothing special about them. Just use the same sort of CSS you would
use for any other element:

input, select {color: red; background-color: yellow;}

Cheers

Richard.