Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Drop Down menu

Drop Down menu

Gerry O

I have what seems like a simple question, but I just can't figure it out.
This is for an online store.
I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
two variables? Price and size?

--
Gerry O'Rahilly
609.771.1000

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Gerry O said:

> I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
> submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
> two variables? Price and size?

easily but you shouldn't. just submit the size and the script server
side should match the price with the size. don't use the prices visitors
see or that are in the markup, they may change them.

--
brucie

Leif K-Brooks

Gerry O wrote:
> This is for an online store.
> I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
> submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
> two variables? Price and size?

<option value="33 10">$33 10 inch</option>

And have your script use the first space-seperated value as price and
the second as length, but that's terribly insecure. You should have an
ID for each size/price combo and have the script know the sizes and
prices, otherwise I can pay nothing.

Spartanicus

Gerry O wrote:

>I have what seems like a simple question, but I just can't figure it out.
>This is for an online store.
>I have a drop down menu. The text in the menu has size and price. When
>submitted, it submits price. Is there a way to get the drop down to submit
>two variables? Price and size?

I wouldn't worry about that, you've got a far bigger problem:
http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...oppers.com.png

--
Spartanicus

brucie

in post
<news:(E-Mail Removed) tanicus.utvinternet.ie>
Spartanicus said:

> I wouldn't worry about that, you've got a far bigger problem:
> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...oppers.com.png

have you got a problem with minimalist designs?

--
brucie

Spartanicus

brucie wrote:

>> I wouldn't worry about that, you've got a far bigger problem:
>> http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.i...oppers.com.png

>have you got a problem with minimalist designs?

I'll admit, it's one of the most uncluttered designs I've seen to date.

--
Spartanicus