Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > What do you use to make Comments

What do you use to make Comments

JCO

What do you use to make comments in your HTML code?
Sorry that I'm a newbeee!

Dylan Parry

JCO wrote:

> What do you use to make comments in your HTML code?

<!-- I am a comment -->

> Sorry that I'm a newbeee!

No need to apologise, we were all newbies once. I would suggest however
that you use Google for simple questions like this, as you are likely to
get an answer quicker and you'll feel better for finding out for yourself,
just try a search like "HTML comments" and you're bound to find the answer

--
Dylan Parry

brucie

in post <news:hUFLb.306$(E-Mail Removed)>
JCO said:

> What do you use to make comments in your HTML code?

the same as the rest of my markup - a pointy stick

--
brucie
10/January/2004 08:45:43 am kilo

Richard

JCO wrote:

> What do you use to make comments in your HTML code?
> Sorry that I'm a newbeee!

Within html <!-- comment -->
within scripts //

Toby A Inkster

Richard wrote:

> Within html <!-- comment -->
> within scripts //

Within JavaScript //
Within VBScript '

Within CSS /* comment */

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

JCO

Thanks all of you!
I'm C++ programmer but never messed with html until starting to look at
FrontPage.
Thanks again.

"Toby A Inkster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Richard wrote:
>
> > Within html <!-- comment -->
> > within scripts //

> Within JavaScript //
> Within VBScript '
>
> Within CSS /* comment */
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
> Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

Dylan Parry

JCO wrote:

> I'm C++ programmer but never messed with html until starting to look at
> FrontPage.

Here's a tip for you then As a C++ programmer you would know that you
can't trust a WYSIWYG program to create code for you, and MS FrontPage is
no exception! If you are seriously wanting to learn HTML, then consider
dropping the WYSIWYG and use a simple text editor, even Notepad will so

--
Dylan Parry

JCO

I certainly believe you, however, I don't want to learn html.
I simply had no choice but to do a simple edit on a FrontPage web and wanted
to comment the simple function that I added.

Thanks!

"Dylan Parry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> JCO wrote:
>
> > I'm C++ programmer but never messed with html until starting to look at
> > FrontPage.

> Here's a tip for you then As a C++ programmer you would know that you
> can't trust a WYSIWYG program to create code for you, and MS FrontPage is
> no exception! If you are seriously wanting to learn HTML, then consider
> dropping the WYSIWYG and use a simple text editor, even Notepad will so
>
> --
> Dylan Parry
> http://www.webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > I'm C++ programmer but never messed with html until starting to look at
> > FrontPage.

> Here's a tip for you then As a C++ programmer you would know that you
> can't trust a WYSIWYG program to create code for you....

No one builds a GUI application in C without using a WYSIWYG generated
code. Visual Studio, Borland C, even GNU create code for you when
building an application. And thank god they do. Who wants to write all
the BS common code to handle a button event? I will tell it what to do
when the event happens, but I dont want to deal with the code that
triggers the actual event (Message maps etc...) The GUI stepping in
adding common code has been a godsend to application developers.

Well up to date developer that is. You can still use Notepad you write
all your C application, and debug with printf's if you like. But no one
will hire you.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest wrote:

> No one builds a GUI application in C without using a WYSIWYG generated
> code.

You're just talking crap about stuff you know nothing about Whitecrest.

Most GUI applications for Unix/Linux, most Java applets and many graphical
applications for Windows are written in text editors.

> Who wants to write all the BS common code to handle a button event?

You don't need to -- that's what graphical toolkits are for. You write a
line of code to create a button, something like:

myButton = new Button;

Then assign a few properties:

myButton.setText("Click Here");

And add event listeners:

myButton.addEvent("click", myFunction);
void myFunction() {
do this;
do that;
}

This is the way that *most* applications are written. Outside the VB
community, anyway.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS