Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Yet another version to gander upon

Yet another version to gander upon

Richard

http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html

Found this script somewhere and it does what I want painlessly.
The author made it as simple as possible to make it easy to change values
easily.
He also took the time to add in other stuff many would not include.

What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

Andrew Cameron

Richard wrote:
> http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
> What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

In Firebird 0.6.1 it seems to work, but in Opera 7.02 the box opens and no
image loads.

> Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

Good, because your layout goes off the screen horizontally in Firebird and
overlaps the top section in Opera. I'm guessing it breaks badly in other
browsers. Why not download another browser and try it yourself?

--
Andrew Cameron
"Got my hand on my heart, I know no better location..."

Steve R.

Richard wrote in message ...
> http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html

Wow - you're making hard work for yourself :~(

Still prefer my version at ...
http://freespace.virgin.net/temp.files/image/

John W.

"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

>http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
>
>Found this script somewhere and it does what I want painlessly.
>The author made it as simple as possible to make it easy to change values
>easily.
>He also took the time to add in other stuff many would not include.
>
>What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

No

>Yes I am using tables for now. Purely for the demo.

John OO
--
<http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
- John Archibald Wheeler -

brucie

in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard said:

> http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
> What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

O7.23
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap01.png [20k]

--
brucie
09/January/2004 10:44:28 pm kilo

Richard

brucie wrote:

> in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard said:

>> http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
>> What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

> O7.23
> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap01.png [20k]

IOW, O7 does not know how to handle a table right?
If it doesn't fit on the screen, O7 makes it fit.

brucie wrote:

> in post <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
> Richard said:

>> http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/tooltip2.html
>> What I don't know is, will it work on other browsers?

> O7.23
> http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap01.png [20k]

Realized later, the table was being placed below the end of the third
division.
In mozilla the table shows up right of division two and below division
three.
Ok. Just a few tweaks.

> --
> brucie
> 09/January/2004 10:44:28 pm kilo

Dylan Parry

Richard wrote:

> IOW, O7 does not know how to handle a table right?
> If it doesn't fit on the screen, O7 makes it fit.

Erm, nope... I'm using O7.5p1 and the table on
http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/ for example gives me lots of
horizontal scrolling at 800x600, so it seems to be rendering the table
spot on!

--
Dylan Parry

Richard

Dylan Parry wrote:

> Richard wrote:

>> IOW, O7 does not know how to handle a table right?
>> If it doesn't fit on the screen, O7 makes it fit.

> Erm, nope... I'm using O7.5p1 and the table on
> http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/ for example gives me lots of
> horizontal scrolling at 800x600, so it seems to be rendering the table
> spot on!

Interesting. Opera shows it correctly while IE is cutting off the text just
above the huge table.
Where I used to think the world of IE, I'm now beginning to think it sucks.
So I'll test my stuff out in opera from now on.

> --
> Dylan Parry
> http://www.webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

Dylan Parry

Richard wrote:

> Where I used to think the world of IE, I'm now beginning to think it
> sucks. So I'll test my stuff out in opera from now on.

Realisation is one of the first steps in the healing process

--
Dylan Parry
Now playing: Yes - The Calling from "Talk"