Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Best dhtml menu?

Best dhtml menu?

Bob N.

I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just one" that
seems to be the best? By best, I mean ease of use, file size and dynamic
range of the menu.

Thanks for ALL suggestions!

Toby A Inkster

Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

delerious@no.spam.com

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 20:21:48 +0000, Toby A Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just one" that
>> seems to be the best?

>Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

Yeah that one is nice in that it can even work without Javascript. The one
negative about it, though, is that you cannot change the size of the text in
IE.

Mark Parnell

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:50:35 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) declared in
alt.html:

>>Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

> Yeah that one is nice in that it can even work without Javascript. The one
> negative about it, though, is that you cannot change the size of the text in
> IE.

That's because their standard CSS file defines the font size in pixels.
You could easily change that yourself.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Nico Schuyt

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Bob N. wrote:

>> I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just
>> one" that seems to be the best?

> Arguably the one at http://devedge.netscape.com/

Serious problems in IE5 with the netscape solution.
The js in http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns seems to be a lot
simpler. Of course you have to add a normal link to the top level in case js
is disabled.
Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to implement the
alistapart coding in a site
Nico

Robin

get dreamweaver, make ur own...
-Robin
"Bob N." <benny(no**spam)@sisys.net> wrote in message
news:cqiLb.6745$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking desperately for one to use for sites. Is there "just one" that
> seems to be the best? By best, I mean ease of use, file size and dynamic
> range of the menu.
>
> Thanks for ALL suggestions!

Bob

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 05:26:01 +0100, "Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to implement the
>alistapart coding in a site

I hope you don't mind what it does in NN4.

Nico Schuyt

Bob wrote:
> Nico Schuyt wrote:

>> Or do I overlook something? (I hope not because I'm about to
>> implement the alistapart coding in a site

> I hope you don't mind what it does in NN4.

NN4-users are probably used to such screens You can solve it by
suppressing CSS.
The advantage of alistapart is that the js code is so small. I like that
because every line of coding can (and will) give problems.
Strange however, I applied the techniques of listapart (draft:
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/cartal_test.htm) and it doesn't look too bad
in NN4.