Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > photoshop website templates

photoshop website templates

Keith Blake

Hi,
I have come across what appears to be a good website that offers free
'photoshop website templates'.

I was wondering how do these get converted to html once you have designed
the site. Is it a process of having to cut the image up into a thousand
pieces and put it all back together on your website as separate .jpegs
therefore cutting out dialup users?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

PeterMcC

Keith Blake wrote:
> Hi,
> I have come across what appears to be a good website that offers
> free 'photoshop website templates'.
>
> I was wondering how do these get converted to html once you have
> designed the site. Is it a process of having to cut the image up into
> a thousand pieces and put it all back together on your website as
> separate .jpegs therefore cutting out dialup users?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Just downloaded one from:
http://www.freephotoshoptemplates.com/

It was a zip file with a psd file and three fonts. The "template" was a
picture of a web site that I'd best describe as a design idea. You are right
to say that you could modify it and display it on a web site - though
chopping it up and re-assembling would be largely a waste of effort,
particularly since the page thus produced would be pretty much useless as a
web page.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Whitecrest

In article <3ffd0e05$0$18749$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> I was wondering how do these get converted to html once you have designed
> the site.....

What you need to do is something called Morticing the picture. In
simple terms, you look at the picture and decide is this "piece" better
left as a background color (it is just a color), a jpg (it is a raster
image), or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

After you have decided what area will be what. You then use the
photoshop slicing tool. This allows you to slice the picture up into
bite size pieces. It will also export your pictures into a nice table
format, and supply you with the HTML to put it all back together again.

Sadly, it puts it together using tables rather than CSS. But one can
live with that if they like.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Leif K-Brooks

Whitecrest wrote:
> or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

What? Did someone create a new GIF format which used vectors while I
wasn't looking?

Whitecrest

In article <bbaLb.164$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Whitecrest wrote:
> > or a gif (it can be displayed as a vector graphic).

> What? Did someone create a new GIF format which used vectors while I
> wasn't looking?

Too many drugs... way too early to be typing...

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

adobe photoshop 7.0 vs photoshop cs Fuzzy Logic Computer Support 3 12-24-2004 04:51 AM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
Re: Sources on the web for learning Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? Bryce Digital Photography 0 08-21-2003 10:31 PM

Advertisments