Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Validating embedded lists as XHTML

Validating embedded lists as XHTML

Firas D.

Hi everyone,

On this page:

http://firasd.org/misc/mars/faq.html#2.2

The 'Minimum' part of the list looks the way I want it to (no bullet
preceding the list within the list) while the Recommended part
validates. Is there a way to produce the visual effect of the first validly?

Steve Pugh

"Firas D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://firasd.org/misc/mars/faq.html#2.2
>
>The 'Minimum' part of the list looks the way I want it to (no bullet
>preceding the list within the list) while the Recommended part
>validates. Is there a way to produce the visual effect of the first validly?

Place the inner list inside the same <li> as the text of the outer
list.

<ul>
<li>Minimum:
<ul>
<li>500 Mhz processor</li>
<li>256 MB RAM</li>
<li>500 MB available disk space</li>
<li>Highly recommended: 3D graphics accelerator card</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>Recommended:
<ul>
<li>1.5 Ghz processor</li>
<li>1 GB RAM</li>
<li>10 GB available disk space (that's what the documentation said,
but it's unlikely)</li>
<li>a high-end 3D graphics accelerator (eg. NVidia FX series)</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

Steve

[ANN] XSD/e 1.1.0 - validating XML parser generator for embedded systems Boris Kolpackov XML 0 09-20-2007 01:05 PM
List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
Lists and validating SamuŽl van Laere HTML 2 01-12-2005 10:18 PM
Help with validating xhtml mike XML 1 12-20-2004 12:35 AM
Re: XHTML Validating Forms symon HTML 2 02-25-2004 06:36 AM

Advertisments