Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > screwed up in mozilla why?

Reply
Thread Tools

screwed up in mozilla why?

 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004
http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/

While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
Would be this due to the image sizing or what?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve Pugh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004
"Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:

>http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
>
>While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
>Would be this due to the image sizing or what?


Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.

Steve

--
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:
>
> >http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
> >
> >While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
> >Would be this due to the image sizing or what?

>
> Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
> code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
> gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
> would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
> instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
> adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.
>
> Steve


We learn by doing right?
I'll fiddle around with it and when it works in mozilla the way it's
supposed to, then I'll be satisfied. Sort of.
I kind of figured it's the simple things.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2004
Steve Pugh wrote:

> "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote:


>>http://1-large-world.com/stargate/movie/
>>
>>While the page looks just fine in IE 6, in mozilla it looks like crapola.
>>Would be this due to the image sizing or what?


> Looks the same in Opera 7 as in Gecko browsers. It's due to the CSS
> code having been written to fit IE's bugs. With a few tweaks I've
> gotten it looking mostly the same in IE6, NN7.1 and Opera 7.23. I
> would post a fixed page but you would only complain if I did, so
> instead you have to start by adding a width to div.window and by
> adding a clear to div.floor2. Then tweak other values as needed.


> Steve


Got the image problem solved anyway.
Working on the other two problems now.
Maybe a few zillion I should say?


> --
> "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor


> Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Print preview / printing screwed up in IE but not in Mozilla / Firefox- Whazzup?? Neo Geshel HTML 19 08-01-2005 11:38 PM
Firewall screwed up XP network settings =?Utf-8?B?aWRvZXNo?= Wireless Networking 1 05-24-2005 09:41 PM
Firefox plugins screwed up. Al. C Firefox 2 03-21-2005 07:59 AM
Re: Firebird Java Window location screwed up -- HELP PLEASE Ron Hunter Firefox 1 02-09-2004 05:30 AM
Firebird Java Window location screwed up -- help OSIRIS Firefox 0 02-06-2004 05:05 PM



Advertisments