Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > upgrade to HTML 4.01 strict

upgrade to HTML 4.01 strict

Markus Wiedemeier

I have just upgraded my pages from the old site:

http://www.pitcasa.com/casa2/

http://www.pitcasa.com/casa/

following the hints of this ng. the validator worked fine both on the
HTML as on the CSS. Is there aything I should change in order to
improve it further?

i.e. place the script (for the external links) into the
CSS and if so, how does one do this?

the tags on all the pages except the index page are still CAPS. I did
run tidy on the index.htm, but is there a way to run tidy on all pages
at ones?

--
Markus Wiedemeier
pingu_no@spam_pitcasa.com

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Markus Wiedemeier" <pingu_NO@SPAM_pitcasa.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just upgraded my pages from the old site:
>
> http://www.pitcasa.com/casa2/

> http://www.pitcasa.com/casa/
>
> following the hints of this ng. the validator worked fine both on the
> HTML as on the CSS. Is there aything I should change in order to
> improve it further?

Congratulations!

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...riitalien.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:IQmKb.45064$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Markus Wiedemeier" <pingu_NO@SPAM_pitcasa.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have just upgraded my pages from the old site:
> >
> > http://www.pitcasa.com/casa2/

> > http://www.pitcasa.com/casa/

May-be you should add a table summary, thatīs what I have begun to do on my
websites too.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...riitalien.html

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Luigi Donatello Asero:

> "Markus Wiedemeier" <pingu_NO@SPAM_pitcasa.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have just upgraded my pages from the old site:
>>
>>http://www.pitcasa.com/casa2/

>>http://www.pitcasa.com/casa/
>>
>>following the hints of this ng. the validator worked fine both on the
>>HTML as on the CSS. Is there aything I should change in order to
>>improve it further?

> Congratulations!

Hold up a minute... no champagne yet. <g>

The pages do not fit within my ~800x600 browser window. Well, some do
but the content is in tiny narrow unreadable columns on either side of
the central graphic.

(Now, where did I put that big old monitor...)

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:H3nKb.55858$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Quoth the raven named Luigi Donatello Asero:
>
> > "Markus Wiedemeier" <pingu_NO@SPAM_pitcasa.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>I have just upgraded my pages from the old site:
> >>
> >>http://www.pitcasa.com/casa2/

> >>http://www.pitcasa.com/casa/
> >>
> >>following the hints of this ng. the validator worked fine both on the
> >>HTML as on the CSS. Is there aything I should change in order to
> >>improve it further?

> > Congratulations!

> Hold up a minute... no champagne yet. <g>

> The pages do not fit within my ~800x600 browser window. Well, some do
> but the content is in tiny narrow unreadable columns on either side of
> the central graphic.
>
> (Now, where did I put that big old monitor...)

Of course a liquid design is very important but the new version of the site
is better anyway.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...riitalien.html

Markus Wiedemeier

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:18:17 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> The pages do not fit within my ~800x600 browser window. Well, some do
>> but the content is in tiny narrow unreadable columns on either side of
>> the central graphic.
>>
>> (Now, where did I put that big old monitor...)

>Of course a liquid design is very important but the new version of the site
>is better anyway.

waht is a liquid design?

how do you apply this, when images are involved?

--
Markus Wiedemeier
pingu_no@spam_pitcasa.com

Markus Wiedemeier

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:09:27 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>May-be you should add a table summary, thatīs what I have begun to do on my
>websites too.

what's that good for?

--
Markus Wiedemeier
pingu_no@spam_pitcasa.com

Mark Parnell

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:26:30 +0100, Markus Wiedemeier declared in
alt.html:

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Markus Wiedemeier" <pingu_NO@SPAM_pitcasa.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:09:27 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >May-be you should add a table summary, thatīs what I have begun to do on

my
> >websites too.

> what's that good for?

Accessibility.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/...riitalien.html

Markus Wiedemeier

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:35:59 +1100, Mark Parnell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:26:30 +0100, Markus Wiedemeier declared in
>alt.html:
>>
>> waht is a liquid design?

>http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

I followed some of the links and hereis a footnote I found in this
interesting article:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmat...lexdesign.html
-quote

There are several pages on the web which use the term “any size
design", and recommend web authors not to make any assumptions
whatever about the window size of the reader. True any-size design is
however at present only possible if one avoids the use of images
altogether; something which is not realistic for many sites. If the
SVG vector-graphics format becomes popular, it may come closer to
reality, but photographs will still remain an issue. I therefore
prefer the term flexible design".

-unquote

ths is likely exactly the point why I cannot show the large images
(mostly 568x400px) in the a different way, unless I change the whole
layout of all the current pages.

I think that will be work for the next time I decide to renew the
site. I guess I will leave it the way it is currently. Pitty for the
old monitors of course - but I guess that's about as far as I can
spend time on this.

--
Markus Wiedemeier
pingu_no@spam_pitcasa.com