Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Anybody Use Netscape Composer on Mac

Anybody Use Netscape Composer on Mac

Dennis M. Marks

This is a question for Mac HTML programmers. I have been using BBEDIT
as my HTML editor. It has the ability to directly do ftps which I like.
Is there any advantage to using Netscape 7.0 Composer. I haven't tried
it yet for fear of messing up my files. Is it's publish command the
same as BBEDIT's ftp transfer?

--
Dennis M. Marks
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/

Dennis M. Marks

In article <040120041054086977%(E-Mail Removed)>, Dennis M.
Marks <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This is a question for Mac HTML programmers. I have been using BBEDIT
> as my HTML editor. It has the ability to directly do ftps which I like.
> Is there any advantage to using Netscape 7.0 Composer. I haven't tried
> it yet for fear of messing up my files. Is it's publish command the
> same as BBEDIT's ftp transfer?

Won't handle frames or iframes.

--
Dennis M. Marks
http://www.dcs-chico.com/~denmarks/
Replace domain.invalid with dcsi.net

David Dorward

Dennis M. Marks wrote:

> This is a question for Mac HTML programmers. I have been using BBEDIT
> as my HTML editor. It has the ability to directly do ftps which I like.
> Is there any advantage to using Netscape 7.0 Composer.

Graphical generators tend to hinder rather then help. And the HTML generator
in Mozilla was designed for writing HTML formatted emails.

I'd avoid it, but if you do go with it - then get Mozilla 1.5 which is a lot
more mature then Netscape 7.0.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

David Dorward

Dennis M. Marks wrote:

> Won't handle frames or iframes.

Which shouldn't be a problem. Frames are almost always something to be
avoided, better solutions exist for almost every problem that frames solve.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>