Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Submit button

Submit button

bob adams

How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address? Right now the
code is:
<input type="text" value="email address" name="ccfunewsletteremail"> <input
type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" value="Reset">

Thanks.

Leif K-Brooks

bob adams wrote:
> How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?

Server-side script.

bob adams

What?
"Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a3rJb.693$(E-Mail Removed)...
> bob adams wrote:
> > How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?

> Server-side script.

Daniel Ruscoe

In article <k4rJb.728457$Tr4.1890054@attbi_s03>, bob adams says...

> "Leif K-Brooks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a3rJb.693$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > bob adams wrote:
> > > How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?

> > Server-side script.

> What?

You need a script to process the form. HTML alone will not do this.

http://formtoemail.com/

The instructions are simple to follow.

--
Daniel Ruscoe
http://www.dualstone.co.uk

Chet

"bob adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?
Right now the
| code is:
| <input type="text" value="email address"
name="ccfunewsletteremail"> <input
| type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset"
value="Reset">

| Thanks.

Is the input field and button within form tags? And what is the
action, i.e., action="path towards a script".

You might check with your host, many have a script on the server
for sending form results or google for e-mail scripts for the
type of server you're on.

hth
--
Chet
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove NO.....SPAM)

bob adams

How do you use PHP? My host has it.
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

bob adams wrote:
> How do you use PHP?

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.php

Daniel Ruscoe

In article <JjsJb.728985$Tr4.1897615@attbi_s03>, bob adams says...

> "Daniel Ruscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > You need a script to process the form. HTML alone will not do this.
> >
> > http://formtoemail.com/

> How do you use PHP? My host has it.

You don't even need to know that much.

Just visit the URL (website address) I gave above then do this:

1) Download the script. The filename is "FormToEmail.php". It is inside
a zip package named FormToEmail.zip. Open this and drag the .php file to
a safe location on your desktop.

2) Open FormToEmail.php in Notepad and enter your email address between
the quote marks (" ") after '$email'.

3) Click File, then Save. Close Notepad.

4) Upload the script to your webspace. Either do this via FTP or, if via
whatever method you usually use to upload files. This could be web-
based, where you upload your files through a form on a website.

5) Copy and Paste this code into your web page:

<form action="FormToEmail.php" method="post">
type="text" size="30" name="name"></td></tr>
type="text" size="30" name="formemail"></td></tr>
face="arial" size="1">&nbsp;&nbsp;FormToEmail by <a
</form>

6) Use the form to send yourself an email.

--
Daniel Ruscoe
http://www.dualstone.co.uk
Web design in Bolton, Manchester

Bob

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 05:46:31 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Ruscoe
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>6) Use the form to send yourself an email.

Following up on Daniel's excellent reply:

Here's what's happening: The user pulls the form/web page. They
fill in the form. They click on submit. The browser gathers up
the data in the form, and sends it to the web server. Along with
that it sends a request to run the program in the "action"
attribute on your form statement.

At the server, the program (action) is started by the server.
The data is made available to the program and the program
does whatever it does. In this case, it will email the data
to the proper address.

Be aware that you might have to put the .php program in a
specific directory on the server to get it to work. If you
have any questions on that, ask your web hosting firm or check
their site for PHP information. Also, hosts typically have a
program available that will already do what you want - check
that before even bothering with your own.

john

Thanks folks - a most informative thread.

--
John of Truro
www.john-the-fish.co.uk