Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problem with NS 7 - Layout works in IE6, Opera 7 and NS 6

Problem with NS 7 - Layout works in IE6, Opera 7 and NS 6

Martin Fuchs

Hello,

I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01. The layout works alright in Internet
Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display correctly in
Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct and I dont
seem to find a failure in my code.

You can find this page at:
http://www.graphix.at/update_consult...art_table.html

Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

Thank you very much in advance and greetings,

Martin

John W.

"Martin Fuchs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01.

Another one than the one mentioned underneath?

>The layout works alright in Internet
>Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display correctly in
>Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
>Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct and I dont
>seem to find a failure in my code.
>
>You can find this page at:
>http://www.graphix.at/update_consult...art_table.html
>
>Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

Happy New Year!

Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A//www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A//www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

John OO
--
<http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
- John Archibald Wheeler -

Neal

"John W." <no-spam@web cel.enel> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ate_consulting
/test/master_start_table.html>

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v....graphix.at/up
date_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

> Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
> nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.

Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

Brian

Martin Fuchs wrote:

> I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01. The layout works alright in
> Internet Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display
> correctly in Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
> Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct
> and I dont seem to find a failure in my code.
>
> http://www.graphix.at/update_consult...art_table.html

I don't seem to find any tabular data. I do find microscopic fonts,
though.

> Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

Don't (ab)use tables for layout. Don't specify fonts for the body of
the document (including table, p, ul, etc.) smaller than 100%, using
css, naturally.

--
Brian
follow the directions in my address to email me

Martin Fuchs

"Neal" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3ff22b29$0$4748$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
> told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
> errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.
>
> Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your help. I repaired the doctype and the layout issue is solved.
Works in NS 7 now!

Greetings,
Martin