Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTML-Software that edits...

HTML-Software that edits...

Vincent de Veaux

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should be able
to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange it. E.g.: I
wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of maybe 100
html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to delete within these
html-files. Anyone has heard from such a software maybe?? Many thanks!

2. I'm looking for a three columns structured website, but I wish just ONE
html-file. that is needed to edit if I wish a change. This should be like a
left and a right frame with a mainframe in the middle. Any hints? Would be
greeeat!

Many greetings to all in this newsgroup.

Vincent

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

"Vincent de Veaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsmciq$e4jeq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should be

able
> to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange it. E.g.: I
> wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of maybe 100
> html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to delete within these
> html-files. Anyone has heard from such a software maybe?? Many thanks!

What you're asking for is an HTML editor with "find and replace" capability.
I know HomeSite can do that.

> 2. I'm looking for a three columns structured website, but I wish just ONE
> html-file. that is needed to edit if I wish a change. This should be like

> left and a right frame with a mainframe in the middle. Any hints? Would be
> greeeat!

Not frames. What you're looking for is SSI or includes via PHP. SSI would
probably be the easiest way to accomplish this, for you. See:
bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml for info.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

Leif K-Brooks

Vincent de Veaux wrote:
> I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should be able
> to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange it. E.g.: I
> wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of maybe 100
> html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to delete within these
> html-files. Anyone has heard from such a software maybe?? Many thanks!

Perl.

> I'm looking for a three columns structured website, but I wish just ONE
> html-file. that is needed to edit if I wish a change. This should be like a
> left and a right frame with a mainframe in the middle. Any hints? Would be
> greeeat!

SSI or a preprocessor.

Thomas Jollans

Vincent de Veaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should be able
> to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange it. E.g.: I
> wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of maybe 100
> html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to delete within these
> html-files. Anyone has heard from such a software maybe?? Many thanks!

what os are you on?? if it's linux or *nix THAT would be easy with shell
scripts and sed/GNU sed.

Thomas

Vincent de Veaux

> Not frames. What you're looking for is SSI or includes via PHP. SSI
would
> probably be the easiest way to accomplish this, for you. See:
> bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml for info.
>
> --Tina

Thank you for all your hints. I'm asking me, if it would be possible to
see an example to see, how it works. Or better a download template or
something else to experience with.

Vincent

Fredo Vincentis

"Vincent de Veaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsmciq$e4jeq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hello,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should be

able
> to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange it. E.g.: I
> wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of maybe 100
> html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to delete within these
> html-files. Anyone has heard from such a software maybe?? Many thanks!

homesite or dreamweaver.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

"Vincent de Veaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsnnbb$engqq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Not frames. What you're looking for is SSI or includes via PHP. SSI

> would
> > probably be the easiest way to accomplish this, for you. See:
> > bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml for info.
> >
> > --Tina

> Thank you for all your hints. I'm asking me, if it would be possible

> see an example to see, how it works. Or better a download template or
> something else to experience with.

You don't need a template for SSI, its one small line of code that links to
your content. Visit the URL I gave you earlier. It will all make sense.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup
We transfer time from your current host!
Serving the web since 1997

Sjeef

> "Vincent de Veaux" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bsmciq$e4jeq$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. I'm looking for a software, that works with html-files. It should
>> be able to browse folders for a special entry and delete or exchange
>> it. E.g.: I wanna delete my email adresses in the source code out of
>> maybe 100 html-sites. I start a programme and tell him what's to
>> delete within these html-files. Anyone has heard from such a
>> software maybe?? Many thanks!

With HTML-kit it is possible to find and replace in a batch operation
through multiple HTML-files.
You can download this editor at: www.chami.com
There is also a very active newsgroup: news.chamisplace.com
As far as I know the main menu of the kit is also available in the German
language.

--
Gerard Schaefers

Homepage: http://www.xs4all.nl/~sjeef