Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Automatic pageload HELP !

Automatic pageload HELP !

Kenneth Dideriksen

Are there any hardcore HTML/Javascript coders out there ?

Can you pls help me !

i have a three frame scenario.
Frame 1 name TOP
Frame 2 name TOP2
Frame 3 name MAIN

I have a menu in frame TOP and when a link i clicked i wanna have two html
pages opened
One page in TOP2 and another in MAIN.

How do i do this ?

I hope someone can help me

Kindest Kenneth

brucie

in post <news:3fed58a7$0$95037$(E-Mail Removed). dk>
Kenneth Dideriksen said:

> i have a three frame scenario.

theres your problem.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

--
brucie
27/December/2003 08:07:47 pm kilo

Merlin Zener

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:08:56 +1000, brucie wrote:

> in post <news:3fed58a7$0$95037$(E-Mail Removed). dk>
> Kenneth Dideriksen said:
>
>> i have a three frame scenario.

> theres your problem.
>
> http://html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzo...eb/frames.html
> http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
> http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

very interesting reading.

How do you suggest having the menu stay in one place while the
content part scrolls?

brucie

in post <news(E-Mail Removed) aldomain>
Merlin Zener said:

> How do you suggest having the menu stay in one place while the
> content part scrolls?

position:fixed;

--
brucie
28/December/2003 08:10:40 am kilo

William Tasso

brucie wrote:
> in post <news(E-Mail Removed) aldomain>
> Merlin Zener said:
>
>> How do you suggest having the menu stay in one place while the
>> content part scrolls?

> position:fixed;

is a technical answer.

reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer important
produces much better results.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Brody

In TOP, make your link like this:
parent.main.location.href = 'location_main.html' ">Link</a>

"Kenneth Dideriksen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fed58a7$0$95037$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Are there any hardcore HTML/Javascript coders out there ?
>
> Can you pls help me !
>
> i have a three frame scenario.
> Frame 1 name TOP
> Frame 2 name TOP2
> Frame 3 name MAIN
>
> I have a menu in frame TOP and when a link i clicked i wanna have two html
> pages opened
> One page in TOP2 and another in MAIN.
>
> How do i do this ?
>
> I hope someone can help me
>
> Kindest Kenneth

Merlin Zener

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:26:30 +0000, William Tasso wrote:

> [...snip]
> reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer important
> produces much better results.

really?

but if you've got text or pics that are more than a page long, ppl will
have to scroll back to the top to then visit other pages on your site. And
remember that the vast majority of monitors are set in landscape, so you
don't really have much vertical space to work with.

Or are you suggesting that all pages should only be one page tall - at a
fairly small resolution - say, 600x800?

Or, perhaps repeating the menu over and over again all the way down the
side of the page? [I *was* thinking of only having one menu across the
top...]

I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a page.

TIA

Whitecrest

In article <(E-Mail Removed) ain>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ldomain says...
> I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a page.

That completely depends on who the page is for, and what they want to
accomplish with the page. Without that information, there is no way
anyone can say "this is the proper way".

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

William Tasso

Merlin Zener wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:26:30 +0000, William Tasso wrote:
>> reloading the mind-set, so a fixed position menu is no longer
>> important produces much better results.

> really?
>
> but if you've got text or pics that are more than a page long, ppl
> will have to scroll back to the top to then visit other pages on your
> site.

how would the page builder know what constitutes "a page long" in the
browsing environment?

> And remember that the vast majority of monitors are set in
> landscape,

are they?

> so you don't really have much vertical space to work with.

what effect does monitor orientation have on window shape?

> Or are you suggesting that all pages should only be one page tall -
> at a fairly small resolution - say, 600x800?

While there are situations where such features are desirable, I suggest the
WWW is not one of them.

> Or, perhaps repeating the menu over and over again all the way down
> the side of the page? [I *was* thinking of only having one menu
> across the top...]
>
> I'm interested in what's considered the "proper" way to lay out a
> page.

no idea what you mean by 'proper'. each page presents its own challenges
depending on its intended content and/or purpose.

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com